Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting day apart from the football.

It is absolutely clear Martinez is leaving, there is no doubt about that whatsoever.

Still no confirmation of exact timing, whatever has been decided is being very closely guarded. Can't see the point of him staying to be honest but if the board have decided end of season I'll take that.
I think he goes very soon mate.

as was the ellipsis use

image.webp

This is exactly right and shameful to the board. It has made me question Moshiri to be honest as it is no way
to run a football club. He could have been allowed to exit with his dignity intact months ago
Yes I feel for him as I have always liked him. But it's clear change is needed and if it was affecting him that much and he wants to keep his dignity nobody is stopping him from stepping down so you cannot blame the board for putting him through this as it is his choice.

Did I? I believe I said it was a good signing, but that we overpaid as we should have had the stronger hand, given that Lukaku wasn't a first team regular, wanted out and Chelsea wanted rid, so I believed we could have got him considerably cheaper.

As for the signing itself, I had no problem with it - I only wanted Everton to get the business done for the right price. So don't just make things up.

Err, "half of the doubters were questioning the signing and fee for Lukaku"

Hilarious how you've just tried to rubbish that notion, whilst entirely saying that you did. LOL.

I agree. But I also feel for him, today must of hurt, planes and protests. Does he deserve it? Yes, in the cold light of day football is a business, but he's a young manager with a young family and it's that, that makes me feel for him. He's a good guy.

Although I've been adamant for the past 3ish years he's not up to our standard, I would never have wanted this for him.

...I agree mate. It's unpleasant. Fact is though...it just shouldn't have been allowed to get to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back