Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say mate?

Nothing earth shattering, just spoke very well for a lad his age. No hysterical "but we are a massive club" stuff, just that outsiders havnt realised the different Everton that we are now, that Martinez has lost a lot of blues, and when asked "well who would you want then?" replied eloquently that Jose was probably going elsewhere, and we should make a list of the best available, and interview the best.

Think @The Esk lad is older than 15, so deffo not him mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if Roberto is not sacked. Judging by the wheeling out of former players to let us no there is no one else out there and the club does not want to be chopping and changing managers. Now Mourinho has allegedly signed for United I do not rate the list of managers being spoke about.

Yes I feel for him as I have always liked him. But it's clear change is needed and if it was affecting him that much and he wants to keep his dignity nobody is stopping him from stepping down so you cannot blame the board for putting him through this as it is his choice.

He was never going to step down. He believes his philosophy will come good. He took over Wigan and took them backwards
each season, until relegation when he jumped ship and came to us. He would take us down if we let him. It was clear a while back that he was out of his depth and a discussion should have taken place, compensation package.

The situation explained to him correctly and I think he would of taken it rather than suffer the humiliation he is enduring now. Some people can`t see what is staring them in the face, I think Martinez should not be involved in football at this level. If I was him I would have resigned as I see that as a dignified exit, however I honestly believe Martinez sees himself as faultless, and the football is great and he does not care about results.

The board should have made the call and also offered him some supportive counselling as its clear to me he needs it

When was last time when fans stayed ay Goodison to protest?

It seems that actually was quite powerful demonstration.

Well done lads and lassies

We stayed a few minutes, long enough to get our crappy handwritten banner onto Sky Sports and in the papers, but fair play to those who stayed for ages. Got a bit of frustration out of the system by actually doing something instead of fuming behind a keyboard (which I have been doing all week!). Hopefully he is gone soon...

whay was it you were saying RE: Lukaku?

That a lot of people questioned his signing.

@Tubey can furiously try to backtrack, but in this universe, we paid £28 million for Lukaku, and he wasn't happy about it.

Who knows though; maybe there's another universe where we only paid ten million for him, and tubey thinks it's the best signing ever.

Happy those people stayed behind. Better they did it after the game than during.

At least they did something.
I was one of those people and I feel we all made the point, both Moshiri and Woods and a lot of players turned and watched us and listened to us chant... some applauded us... I believe we made a strong point surrounded by stewards with our banners and Martinez out chants, the board will see that for sure.

I was one of those people and I feel we all made the point, both Moshiri and Woods and a lot of players turned and watched us and listened to us chant... some applauded us... I believe we made a strong point surrounded by stewards with our banners and Martinez out chants, the board will see that for sure.
You'd like to think that senior members of the board would consult with senior players such as jags, Baines and Coleman etc. for their opinions. If you are correct (and I'm not disputing your not) that players were applauding your stance, it leaves martinez's position hanging by a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back