Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that he may well lose his job tonight or tomorrow. It possibly was difficult to sack him so soon after the semi final, a board meeting had to be held first and of course the Hillsborough events were on as well this week.

Looking at the interview on SKY afterwards he certainly looked like a man who knows his time is up.

Regarding the plane, I think that was the third this season and I have disagreed with all three.

Utmost respect to the fans who used their hard earned cash to rent the plane and showcase our concerns.

Hi blues
New to the forum, thought I would pass on some info I heard today before the game. I was speaking to my mate about the Martinez article in the daily mail yesterday with carragher and he told me that his son plays football with Dominic king's son and they were talking this morning at the kids game about Martinez and Dominic told my mate that he spoke to Kenwright last week and asked him directly about Martinez's future and Kenwright told him that Roberto was definitely leaving but only at the end of the season.

Again for purposes of consistency.

That's 21 wins in 75

91 points from a possible 225

Unfortunately that means we've dropped 134 points since the Leicester game on the opening day of last season.

But well done today Martinez a win is a win.

....he can shove his 'fine margins'.

The numbers don't lie & cannot be argued with, it's that simple innit.

He's in the deep end, in flip-flops, with the weight of phenomenal moments tied to each ankle.

Needs ending now, sharpish.

Hi blues
New to the forum, thought I would pass on some info I heard today before the game. I was speaking to my mate about the Martinez article in the daily mail yesterday with carragher and he told me that his son plays football with Dominic king's son and they were talking this morning at the kids game about Martinez and Dominic told my mate that he spoke to Kenwright last week and asked him directly about Martinez's future and Kenwright told him that Roberto was definitely leaving but only at the end of the season.
Even if the decision to sack him has been made, but for him to leave at the end of the season, I see his position as untenable now, even for the last 3 games.

I wonder why they don't seem keen to go for the caretaker option.

....he can shove his 'fine margins'.

The numbers don't lie & cannot be argued with, it's that simple innit.

He's in the deep end, in flip-flops, with the weight of phenomenal moments tied to each ankle.

Needs ending now, sharpish.
I agree. But I also feel for him, today must of hurt, planes and protests. Does he deserve it? Yes, in the cold light of day football is a business, but he's a young manager with a young family and it's that, that makes me feel for him. He's a good guy.

Although I've been adamant for the past 3ish years he's not up to our standard, I would never have wanted this for him.

Even if the decision to sack him has been made, but for him to leave at the end of the season, I see his position as untenable now, even for the last 3 games.

I agree with this, let him go and do it ASAP on a quiet Monday night, for example. That way he doesn't have to go through stepping into enviroments similar to today.

Completely agree with you mate I can only assume that he is a decent bloke and done a lot of good (not good enough in my opinion) for the club and it would be undignified to dismiss him with only 3 pointless games remaining

Well the shackles of pressure have been broken and Martinez proved what he can do today. Now that we don't have to worry about the cups or relegation we he can get a few back onside with another few good results and a strong finish. Give him till Christmas to sort it out. Another few 14 million signings in the summer and a refreshed attitude. Get rid of the the bad eggs like Lukaku, Mirallas, Stones and Baines.

I'm going to change my vote to on the fence again. For now.
I'm gutted to have been told Deirdre dies.
That aside, I am the same as you and I think I am on the fence again.
But, as you say, it's imperative that we get rid of the bad eggs you mention. Give Bobby a fresh start.

Hi blues
thats one of the most convoluted sentences Ive ever read..

Again for purposes of consistency.

That's 21 wins in 75

91 points from a possible 225

Unfortunately that means we've dropped 134 points since the Leicester game on the opening day of last season.

But well done today Martinez a win is a win.

Think it is 22 wins in 73 PL matches since August 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back