Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know why everyone's upset with Ian.... he was right on the internet.. that's gold star stuff.......... swimmy badges even.... let the boy wallow in his glory you jealous melts

We stayed a few minutes, long enough to get our crappy handwritten banner onto Sky Sports and in:p:p the papers, but fair play to those who stayed for ages. Got a bit of frustration out of the system by actually doing something instead of fuming behind a keyboard (which I have been doing all week!). Hopefully he is gone soon...
Screenshot_2016-04-30-22-29-35-1.webp
Good to put a face to a name:p....seriously though, well done mate ;)

Martinez is a decent bloke, and could be a good manager, but he has blind spots which need working on, but not at our club.

I have to admit, I feel sorry for him. Yes, I know he's paid a seven figure sum, but it's just circumstances which have created that scenario, and those circumstances ( essentially Sky ) aren't his fault, but, still, he's underachieved. If we're honest, given the finances available to him, he hasn't massively underachieved, but still, underachieved is what he's done.

It was a bit sad to be at Anfield when we sang "Sacked in the morning" and "Leighton got Bobby sacked" and it's not great to see a manager being protested against at Goodison, but if he's underachieved on a ( relatively ) limited budget, then the chances are, he'll underachieve on an increased budget.

He's not gone yet, but I wish him well in whereever he goes next and have some fond memories of when we were boss under him in the first season ( Old Trafford especially ), and some great European evenings last season, but, in my lifetime, I've seen the likes of Bingham, Lee and Harvey sacked, who all had some success, and, although sacked might not be the word used, now it's Martinez's time.

Evertonians have, ignoring internet wafflings, been very patient. Most Blues I know were of the opinion that one good season followed by one poor one, gave him the benefit of the doubt, but two poor seasons in a row leave very little doubt in the mind of your bog standard Blue, so it's defo time to move on.

Martinez is a decent bloke, and could be a good manager, but he has blind spots which need working on, but not at our club.

I have to admit, I feel sorry for him. Yes, I know he's paid a seven figure sum, but it's just circumstances which have created that scenario, and those circumstances ( essentially Sky ) aren't his fault, but, still, he's underachieved. If we're honest, given the finances available to him, he hasn't massively underachieved, but still, underachieved is what he's done.

It was a bit sad to be at Anfield when we sang "Sacked in the morning" and "Leighton got Bobby sacked" and it's not great to see a manager being protested against at Goodison, but if he's underachieved on a ( relatively ) limited budget, then the chances are, he'll underachieve on an increased budget.

He's not gone yet, but I wish him well in whereever he goes next and have some fond memories of when we were boss under him ain the first season ( Old Trafford especially ), and some great European evenings last season, but, in my lifetime, I've seen the likes of Bingham, Lee and Harvey sacked, who all had some success, and, although sacked might not be the word used, now it's Martinez's time.

Evertonians have, ignoring internet wafflings, been very patient. Most Blues I know were of the opinion that one good season followed by one poor one, gave him the benefit of the doubt, but two poor seasons in a row leave very little doubt in the mind of your bog standard Blue, so it's defo time to move on.

You know the thing about him being a decent bloke? Is he though?

I have to say I find him a little arrogant at times.

Amazing how he still hasn't criticised the fans. Only months ago was it "the fans are too hostile at Goodison" and now every press conference and interview is about how he "shares our frustrations".

Well, it's understandable.

You know the thing about him being a decent bloke? Is he though?

I have to say I find him a little arrogant at times.

It doesn't matter if they're a CEO, FD, Football Manager or even a mod on a web site, then there will be a degree of arrogance and self-belief in anyone who gets to a position of power. Without that arrogance and self-belief, there's no way someone would be managing a Premier League club. You'll have worked in companies where the big boss is a complete and utter [four letter word beginning and ending with t], but you'll also have worked at places where the boss can be arrogant, but ultimately decent, as opposed to said four letter word.

Martinez is deluded, and arrogant, but is basically decent.

It doesn't matter if they're a CEO, FD, Football Manager or even a mod on a web site, then there will be a degree of arrogance and self-belief in anyone who gets to a position of power. Without that arrogance and self-belief, there's no way someone would be managing a Premier League club. You'll have worked in companies where the big boss is a complete and utter [four letter word beginning and ending with t], but you'll also have worked at places where the boss can be arrogant, but ultimately decent, as opposed to said four letter word.

Martinez is deluded, and arrogant, but is basically decent.

I guess so. And you can see he does want to do the best for us. He's just woeful at it.

He's not gone yet, but I wish him well in whereever he goes next and have some fond memories of when we were boss under him in the first season ( Old Trafford especially ), and some great European evenings last season, but, in my lifetime, I've seen the likes of Bingham, Lee and Harvey sacked, who all had some success, and, although sacked might not be the word used, now it's Martinez's time.

how did you get all that on one banner mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back