Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this nice man bollocks! He's clearly as single minded and self believing as Rodgers was, only they had the nous to do something about that one.

From the Carragher interview he comes across as a one track minded fool.

One of the nicest men ive ever met. He's got time for absolutely anyone, seriously. He may not be a good manager but he really is a top man.

I don't care if he earns 3m a year...I'm gutted for him.

I want a new manager but I don't want to see him getting abused on the way to his car FFS.

He's done his best for us and is a decent man. Not good enough, of course not. Change needed, definitely.

Still. Gutted for him. Horrible for any person to experience public vilification and upsetting to witness.

One of the nicest men ive ever met. He's got time for absolutely anyone, seriously. He may not be a good manager but he really is a top man.

^^^ this

Bobby, lives and breathes football, and, I believe, he's fallen in love with us, which makes saying goodbye harder in a football sense than anyone I can remember since we realised that Colin Harvey wasn't a manager, but goodbye is best for both sides, so goodbye it is

You are sexy mate.
100 percent.

Chesney Brown is (ironically) ginger as well
latest

Can you please stop saying wrong things? If you want me to vault you saying I wanted him at £18-20m, because we had the stronger negotiating position with an out of favour player, then I will do. I did not say Lukaku was a waste of money; only that I felt we could have got him cheaper.

Try and do one thing you never seem to do - admit you are wrong about this. Just admit it.

In fact, here you go - https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/would-you-pay-£24m-for-lukaku.68402/#post-2831675 - enjoy.

LOL, you're digging a hole for yourself here tubes.

How does you pointing out that you thought we spent too much on him not make you wrong? :P

I feel bad about how this is turning. He's very over his head but he doesn't deserve abuse.

Mostly I feel like the board has more blame in how this has gone than Martinez at this point.

I am willing to get abuse at my doorstep if everyone of you contribute 3m to my bank account every year for the next 3 years. Nothing to feel bad about. He's getting paid to do a job and still get paid even though he fail to perform it to a satisfactory level. He should feel bad about underachieving, not us!!

Sneaked in another 1 win in the calendar month... Good old Roberto pulls it off again!

But, in all seriousness, even if you factor in late stupidity and downright bad decisions against us - Bournemouth (a) 2 points thrown away, Stoke (h) 1 point (or 3) thrown away, Chelsea (a) 2 points denied, West Ham (h) 3 points thrown away - and completely ignore any other poor performances - where would that put us on the table? Level with Southampton on 54 points and 8th place. Maybe that's just about ok but that's not where we are so clearly it's not "just about ok".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back