Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You raise an interesting discussion point Lou, which has exercised the minds of most of history's greatest geniuses: when does strawberry blonde blur into ginger? Perhaps that event horizon should henceforth be tagged 'the Chesney Brown interface'. .... just throwing it out there...

I would love to answer this in scientific terms, but I've been told to stay on topic.

On topic please lads
Apologies(back on topic)...Bobby definitely needs to go & when he does might I suggest a Managerial task force consisting of: Gordon Strachan, Gary Megson, Alex Mcleish & Sean Dyche...wearing sunglasses & donning leather jackets!

Last edited:
Martinez has gotten it wrong on the field the past two seasons but like so many others have said he class and I think the board did him a disservice by not sacking him. If we are all honest, if you had the option of staying around even though you were under performing at your job and still get paid or walk away, most (if not all) would do the same as he is.

Hope he goes on to manage else where with success. Wouldn't be shocked to see him in the MLS coaching, would suit him as there is no relegation to worry about and he can play expansive football without fear.

I for one, wish him well.

Don't be holding your breath! It's not a popularity contest, and the clubs that view it as such tend to go the way of Leeds, or Villa ;)

Nah - wasn't going to mate. It will just be one of those things that because it defies all sense and logic that you can't help but think that there must be something more to it. I suppose it will ultimately be one of those little unsolved puzzles like what happened to Shergar.

Nah - wasn't going to mate. It will just be one of those things that because it defies all sense and logic that you can't help but think that there must be something more to it. I suppose it will ultimately be one of those little unsolved puzzles like what happened to Shergar.
I doubt the truth will ever be fully known. It's very similar to 9/11 in this regard.

LOL, you're digging a hole for yourself here tubes.

How does you pointing out that you thought we spent too much on him not make you wrong? :p

Because it means I wasn't against him signing, just the fee. Obviously. Have you forgot what you were wrong about or something?

He probably does.

But, it it doesn't really matter if you're paid 20k, 100k or 3000k a year, if you're out of your depth, then the chances are, you don't actually recognise just how far out of your depth you are, and, even if you do recognise it, you'd shove it to the very back of your mind and ignore it for as long as is humanly possible.
I thought you was a good mod mate

This has probably already been mentioned but in the pre-kick off interview on the big screen, Martinez was asked about the fan's discontent. He basically said "I can understand why they are upset, being so close to a Wembley final but just missing out.....". No you absolute cretin. He's either utterly delusional that that is our gripe, or just pop-corning the hell out of us (I really struggle to figure out what it is these days). Our league form has been way below expectations for two seasons now, that's why many fans want him out.

Martinez has gotten it wrong on the field the past two seasons but like so many others have said he class and I think the board did him a disservice by not sacking him. If we are all honest, if you had the option of staying around even though you were under performing at your job and still get paid or walk away, most (if not all) would do the same as he is.

Hope he goes on to manage else where with success. Wouldn't be shocked to see him in the MLS coaching, would suit him as there is no relegation to worry about and he can play expansive football without fear.

I for one, wish him well.

Initially I would have agreed with you mate, but his shameless lack of class in attempting to hold onto his job has done it for me mate.

This has probably already been mentioned but in the pre-kick off interview on the big screen, Martinez was asked about the fan's discontent. He basically said "I can understand why they are upset, being so close to a Wembley final but just missing out.....". No you absolute cretin. He's either utterly delusional that that is our gripe, or just pop-corning the hell out of us (I really struggle to figure out what it is these days). Our league form has been way below expectations for two seasons now, that's why many fans want him out.

I think he knows it doesn't matter and he's just going through the motions and giving easy answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back