Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if he earns 3m a year...I'm gutted for him.

I want a new manager but I don't want to see him getting abused on the way to his car FFS.

He's done his best for us and is a decent man. Not good enough, of course not. Change needed, definitely.

Still. Gutted for him. Horrible for any person to experience public vilification and upsetting to witness.

Which could have all been nipped in the bud by the Chairman and board sending him on his way before it got to this. Maybe one day we will get an indication why it has been handled in the way it has but I for one can not fathom it out or see any logic in letting this drag.

And for all that I want him gone - the bright spark who put a Martinez out tweet up on the big screen ( if true? ) was a touch unprofessional in my opinion and should also be getting a bit of P45 action in the morning.

He should feel bad about underachieving, not us!!

He probably does.

But, it it doesn't really matter if you're paid 20k, 100k or 3000k a year, if you're out of your depth, then the chances are, you don't actually recognise just how far out of your depth you are, and, even if you do recognise it, you'd shove it to the very back of your mind and ignore it for as long as is humanly possible.

Sneaked in another 1 win in the calendar month... Good old Roberto pulls it off again!

But, in all seriousness, even if you factor in late stupidity and downright bad decisions against us - Bournemouth (a) 2 points thrown away, Stoke (h) 1 point (or 3) thrown away, Chelsea (a) 2 points denied, West Ham (h) 3 points thrown away - and completely ignore any other poor performances - where would that put us on the table? Level with Southampton on 54 points and 8th place. Maybe that's just about ok but that's not where we are so clearly it's not "just about ok".
Should, would, could. We're 11th.

It was a very poignant and sensitive week for the City, in hindsight, I'm glad the sentiment expressed at Goodison today wasn't bersmirched by negative story lines coming out of the club, after all this week has been about promoting unity and solidarity.

Just putting it out there.
At the end of the day, some things are more important than football eh?

gallery-soaps-coronation-street-mikey-north-gary-windass.jpg

this is Gary Windass...who's very ginger
Hmm...not quite gaunt & faux leather looking for me....plus Izzy would run over my toes!!

It was a very poignant and sensitive week for the City, in hindsight, I'm glad the sentiment expressed at Goodison today wasn't bersmirched by negative story lines coming out of the club, after all this week has been about promoting unity and solidarity.

Just putting it out there.

Spot on mate.
We might have grumbled about the club on our way home, but we all got home safely tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back