Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the 'Martinez in' camp until a month or so ago. When it finally became clear to me that he'd lost the players. Today I've finally got round to actually changing my vote (for all that's worth).

For those of you who've joined in the last 3 years, you may not know that my username has nothing to do with our current manager. My real name (and original username) is James Martin and because I live in Spain it morphed into Jamo Martinez well before he appeared..

I won't be changing it when he goes. I was the first Martinez with a connection to Everton

*googles James Martin*

Enjoy the 200 pizzas mate :P

You've said Metro and read in the same sentence, I assume this is a mistake as the only thing that fills the pages of Metro are pictures and scribbles done by the neanderthals that posture as journalists for their tabloid.
Ok fair enough it's on the forum in Everton news

His decisions seem to be getting more baffling. The announcement that Howard will play the last two home games stumped me.

At a push, I could maybe see why he would play him against Norwich. But by saying he would play the last two home games just felt like he was writing off the remaining games. To say that is a luxury he doesn't have is an understatement.

A bit like when he played Distin last match v Tottenham. It's a competitive game on the back of a dismal campaign and he feels like he can mess about with team selection. He just isn't helping himself.

I was in the 'Martinez in' camp until a month or so ago. When it finally became clear to me that he'd lost the players. Today I've finally got round to actually changing my vote (for all that's worth).

For those of you who've joined in the last 3 years, you may not know that my username has nothing to do with our current manager. My real name (and original username) is James Martin and because I live in Spain it morphed into Jamo Martinez well before he appeared..

I won't be changing it when he goes. I was the first Martinez with a connection to Everton

Jamo Martinez out

His decisions seem to be getting more baffling. The announcement that Howard will play the last two home games stumped me.

At a push, I could maybe see why he would play him against Norwich. But by saying he would play the last two home games just felt like he was writing off the remaining games. To say that is a luxury he doesn't have is an understatement.

A bit like when he played Distin last match v Tottenham. It's a competitive game on the back of a dismal campaign and he feels like he can mess about with team selection. He just isn't helping himself.

Have a sneaky feeling it may have been something to do with Joel liking that picture...

Or it really is just that there's nothing to play for and Howard is now on 398 appearances as it stands, so could hit 400 by season's end.

No one is saying he should stay or that he doesnt deserve to be sacked because hes nice. Just that the level of vitrol is a little much

It's not at all. Not when people earn a fraction of what he earns & spend a fortune following EFC everywhere, only to witness the worst home form in our 137 year history with what we keep getting told is our best squad for 25 years and also keep getting our intelligence insulted by a manager claiming to be one of us. Passionate fans are entitled to display passion. Shouting for someone to resign isn't an unacceptable level of vitriol.

Well, I fully expected him not to be here by the end of Monday last week. It hasn't happened and I've resigned myself to him still being in charge for our last game this season v Norwich. After that who knows. Whether there's a contractual issue or not, for me if it doesn't happen a day or two after the Norwich match I think he'll still be in charge at the start of next season. And thats going to be worrying if we have a bad start. And as I've said before, that would also mean he'll be spending the money!

It's not at all. Not when people earn a fraction of what he earns & spend a fortune following EFC everywhere, only to witness the worst home form in our 137 year history with what we keep getting told is our best squad for 25 years and also keep getting our intelligence insulted by a manager claiming to be one of us. Passionate fans are entitled to display passion. Shouting for someone to resign isn't an unacceptable level of vitriol.
Exactly, he is the last person to show sympathy for...he will still get his fat paycheque for abysmal season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back