Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues with that at all, or the people staying with their signs after the match. Thats all well done. Im talking about following him to his car just to continously tell him to eff off type stuff
I'll never condone such conduct. That the EFC Board have permitted discontent to spill over into such embarrassing vitriol, is a shame on them. Almost all intelligent members on this forum realised RM as an 'out of his depth' manager months ago.
I do not like Martinez. I think he's a snake oil salesman chancer.
But, as an (executive) Company Director, I hold the Everton Board in significant degree of culpability toward the whole sad denouement.
Action should have been taken after the home Leicester game.
Bill Kenwright is an absolute tosspot of a Chairman, totally lacking in testicular fortitude toward confronting a bleeding issue...and staunching said's flow.
The new era can not happen fast enough.

Last edited:

I'll never condone such conduct. That the EFC Board have permitted discontent to spill over into such embarrassing vitriol, is a shame on them. Almost all intelligent members on this forum realised RM as an 'out of his depth' manager months ago.
But, as an (executive) Company Director, I hold the Everton Board in significant degree of culpability toward the whole sad denouement.
Bill Kenwright is an absolute tosspot of a Chairman.
It just seems like its starting to get beyond football and turning personal for alot of people.

No issues with that at all, or the people staying with their signs after the match. Thats all well done. Im talking about following him to his car just to continously tell him to eff off type stuff

I hope that didn`t happen, if so it is disgraceful. I think the board are responsible for allowing this to drag on, there would have to be
a good explanation really to justify this now turning into car crash tv. I would like to think it is contractual and letting it run to the end of the season saves us a lot of money in severance pay. Having said that I think a negotion to part ways would have been better for all.

Going forward I would like the new management team to really look at that first season, then second and third. Try to find out why it went so badly wrong. Did we get sussed out as in zero defence, hit us on the break, did they expose our over the hill players and capitalise on this. I think if we examine what went wrong we may be able to rectify it and kick on next season

I think they will do it at the end of the season and announce it as him leaving by 'mutual consent'. I don't think Bill is the type to throw him under the bus, and at the end of the day, it makes very little difference to anything other than Roberto's future job prospects, the timing of him leaving.

Bill Kenwright is an absolute tosspot of a Chairman, totally lacking in testicular fortitude toward confronting a bleeding issue...and staunching said's flow.
The new era can not happen fast enough.

I agree whole heartedly with what your saying mate but for me it's an easy get out for the morons who followed him to his car. They are still responsible for their own actions

I'd be very surprised if Roberto Martinez wasn't in charge for our remaining fixtures. In my humble opinion if this was January then he would be picking up his P45 but I can just see Bill with an arm around Farhad saying just give him the last few games and then he can go quietly.

It just seems like its starting to get beyond football and turning personal for alot of people.
yes, but this should have not been allowed to occur.
We have a Board that is cajones-less. They stick their useless heads in the sand hoping (by some miracle), problems will just evaporate. In a sense, we've had a perfect storm: a floundering, out of his depth manager, and an inept Board -both (useless) parties aiding and abetting a suicide-note- to- each- other 'altruism'.
I have been beyond nonplussed witnessing their mutual ineptitude.

Never heard about that and have to agree there is no need to resort to that low level of abuse.

Agree with this, it's an obvious failing and I can't believe he hasn't tried to rectify it. A manager should be able to modify his system when needed.
I feel sorry for him because he obviously got Everton and has been a great ambassador.
He doesn't deserve the abuse he's getting, a club statement on his future would be good and I'm prepared to let him see the season out since we have nothing left to play for as long as we know it's ending.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back