Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not at all. Not when people earn a fraction of what he earns & spend a fortune following EFC everywhere, only to witness the worst home form in our 137 year history with what we keep getting told is our best squad for 25 years and also keep getting our intelligence insulted by a manager claiming to be one of us. Passionate fans are entitled to display passion. Shouting for someone to resign isn't an unacceptable level of vitriol.
Good post. I do not think there is a genuine Evertonian who would present cogent (and heartfelt) argument against your therein encapsulate.

It's not at all. Not when people earn a fraction of what he earns & spend a fortune following EFC everywhere, only to witness the worst home form in our 137 year history with what we keep getting told is our best squad for 25 years and also keep getting our intelligence insulted by a manager claiming to be one of us. Passionate fans are entitled to display passion. Shouting for someone to resign isn't an unacceptable level of vitriol.

So nicely put...

I think we should sacrifice a goat at the next home game if he isn't sacked and work our way up from there till he is gone

The top and bottom of it is he isn't very good at managing prem teams, his record is crap, one good season with a well bought, well schooled over years Moyes team, once he got his style of play into the players the wheels came off.

His neglect to sort out the defensive frailties in his style of play has been his downfall in the past, and it's got him the sack here.

After watching Hibbert do a great defensive job yesterday got me thinking why he wasn't selected for the derby. We just needed an all out defender there. Doesn't matter if he can't get forward looking, just defend.

I think he played his first 45 minutes in quite a while for the u21's that week. I think it was a fitness thing.

After watching Hibbert do a great defensive job yesterday got me thinking why he wasn't selected for the derby. We just needed an all out defender there. Doesn't matter if he can't get forward looking, just defend.
This. A defenders job primarily is to defend. Think it's a reflection on how bad our defence has come under Martinez, that Hibbert plays his first, first team mins of the season and looks our best defender. Oh how we wish we'd had hibbo against martial last week.

cant be arsed finding it, but im 100% certain he has said "tomorrow the news will be released" no point in arguing about that. Still, got nothing against the esk and i appreciate his posts. But in this case i think he knows as much as the average evertonian. All of us can say" he will get fired, i just dont know when". Chances are big he will. I think he just tries to give us hope.

...actually mate you're 100% wrong on that, but why quibble eh.

The ESK knows what he knows. Your reaction to the kind imparting of snippets though absolutely confirms why anyone remotely ITK often chooses NOT to say anything public on forums. It's an absolute no-win more often than not...

Which is why I shan't even offer the fact we've bid 32 million for TROY DEENEY.

So there...;)

Bottom line : Martinez is so far out of his depth, that it is embarrassing to watch his continued floundering..

I'm supposing the Board have financial reason behind their subjecting RM to such continued (and not undeserved) derision...(he's a very poor football manager)

It's a weird sadomasochistic dungeon knees-up we're all being invited to.

It's not my gig.

I cannot wait for this abomination of a season to end...

...and some (hopefully) new era begin.

NSNO.

The top and bottom of it is he isn't very good at managing prem teams, his record is crap, one good season with a well bought, well schooled over years Moyes team, once he got his style of play into the players the wheels came off.

His neglect to sort out the defensive frailties in his style of play has been his downfall in the past, and it's got him the sack here.

Agree with this, it's an obvious failing and I can't believe he hasn't tried to rectify it. A manager should be able to modify his system when needed.
I feel sorry for him because he obviously got Everton and has been a great ambassador.
He doesn't deserve the abuse he's getting, a club statement on his future would be good and I'm prepared to let him see the season out since we have nothing left to play for as long as we know it's ending.

Hes not in a nice position, none of us would like to be in the situation hes in now. But, he knew the pressure and risks when he took the job. Ultimately its his decision making that has led to fans anger, picking his favourites, inflexibility in tactics, poor substitutions and timing...

Not only that, but he's played centre-half before and made a decent fist of it. Kept peter crouch (At spurs, so not finished) quiet IIRC.

But martinez doesn't think defending's necessary.

The comments from Roberto about putting style over results really sums it up and explains his stubbornness.

I'm hoping we have something almost in place with Pellegrini. Would make sense - he wants to stay in the PL and by all accounts has turned down offers from clubs in other countries.

I think the "new project" and "era" EFC are about to embark on would appeal to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back