Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My cat could manage that German team.

Like I said a few days ago, or yesterday, he gets the best German footballers for a few matches, and thats about it.

Heard somewhere that the German side since the WC have been pretty meh, as World Champs that is.

Is robles actually a good keeper or is he just a solid one who is less risk than Howard?

How does he actually compare to your good keepers in the league?

Most teams have a better first choice keeper than us. Leicester Spurs United City Chelsea Arsenal Stoke Southampton Swansea all have better keepers than us. The rest in the league are all much of a muchness and Joel is in that group. Howard is in the same group that Paddy Kenny used to be in when he was in the league. The minority of one with a huge gap to the rest.

No ones saying hes a transfer mastermind but for the most part the players he's missed on have been cheap gambles for only a couple mil or frees. Most expensive mistake was kone at 6m. Niasse has played 70 minutes due to injury so while its been bad for the season he could well be a decent signing for us after a full preseason. Much more good than bad in my eyes (in regards to the transfer market mind)

That's kinda what I thought until recently, but now I'm starting to look on Martinez's transfer strategy in a different light. Much of it seems to serve a Martinez personal agenda rather than the cause of improving the team. So he brings in players who he thinks will be loyal to him, who've got a "positive attitude", and who he can mould to his preferred style of football. That's why he signs so many players who've played for him before, why he likes to sign young overseas prospects : they owe him a big debt, and that's something he can take advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back