Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad; Alcaraz(free 4th choice defender), Kone(correct, bad 6m), McGeady(poor but only 2-3m), Niasse, Mattioni (free) Rodriguez(youth signing for less than 1 mil)

Mediocre; Cleverly(free), McCarthy(13m), Holgate(youth signing), Lennon(done well mostly), Barry(free/1-2m and our most steady performer), Galloway (Probably would make a good signing played as a CB, still young and got injured this season )

Good; Besic (When played as a CM only cost 4m), Robles(only a few mil), Funes Mori(9.5mil) ,Deulofeu (only around 4-5m)

Very Good; Lukaku (overpriced by 10mill at time of purchase for an unwanted player,)

That's my opinion on his signings, his Transfer market signings arent as good as everyone is making out tbh but that's just my opinion.
No ones saying hes a transfer mastermind but for the most part the players he's missed on have been cheap gambles for only a couple mil or frees. Most expensive mistake was kone at 6m. Niasse has played 70 minutes due to injury so while its been bad for the season he could well be a decent signing for us after a full preseason. Much more good than bad in my eyes (in regards to the transfer market mind)

Steve Maclaren screams out from that post.

Woah, haha lol Shteve was the very opposite of successful as national coach, but I get your point.

Löw is unusually young in being an international tournament winner, mostly it's older heads who'd had their fill of 20 years+ club football, tho' some of them rejoin the international merry-go-round club circuit but rarely make waves (Parreira, Scolari, Lemerre etc).

Another German World Cup Winner: that Stones-wannabe Franz Beckenbauer, did have success with Bayern but he didn't stay in the main Trainer role very long, only a few months at a time.

Coming to a non-native club for a long-term project after a significantly-long job with his native national team is probably without precedent.

Woah, haha lol Shteve was the very opposite of successful as national coach, but I get your point.

Löw is unusually young in being an international tournament winner, mostly it's older heads who'd had their fill of 20 years+ club football, tho' some of them rejoin the international merry-go-round club circuit but rarely make waves (Parreira, Scolari, Lemerre etc).

Another German World Cup Winner: that Stones-wannabe Franz Beckenbauer, did have success with Bayern but he didn't stay in the main Trainer role very long, only a few months at a time.

Löw coming to a non-native club for a long-term project after a significantly-long job with his native national team is probably without precedent.

I took a peek at his club career, and was underwhelmed, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back