Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RM is Everton manager and you're here on a football forum bitching about it.

That's where we stand.
I thought when you re-appeared you might have actually eaten a bit of humble pie and admitted he's a donk, who's about to be sacked.

But no, you've decided to plough on with your popcorning until the bitter end is confirmed in the coming days / weeks. Funny in its own way.

Don your flack jacket as you're going to need it.

lol

He's a dead man walking and rightly so.

The derby btw, enjoy it?

He's a bulb Dave, and fortunately he's about to become an ex-Everton manager, as he's failed.

...ok. I'll wait for that.

Why do you think he's still here then mate?

Should have gone by now if he was going I'd have thought.

I mean in terms of classing him a good signing rather than just better than Howard

Genuinely asking, he done enough to keep his place in our team. But could we do a lot better?

Yes, I think so.

Who knows tho, we conceded 4 at Anfield and he made some good saves, his distribution is good, his communication is good, his shot stopping is good, but he doesnt command his area at all, which is a major negative, if it was me I would get 1 of those German lads in and let them fight it out for number 1.

we showed some incredible character in the derby, even at 0-4 down our players had phenomenal energy and desire. I'm very proud of the team and we will incredibly continue to play the same way.

That's kinda what I thought until recently, but now I'm starting to look on Martinez's transfer strategy in a different light. Much of it seems to serve a Martinez personal agenda rather than the cause of improving the team. So he brings in players who he thinks will be loyal to him, who've got a "positive attitude", and who he can mould to his preferred style of football. That's why he signs so many players who've played for him before, why he likes to sign young overseas prospects : they owe him a big debt, and that's something he can take advantage of.
Thats a bit of a strech, plenty of managers bring players from their old club. So now signing talented young foreign talents is worthy of of criticism?. It just smacks of reaching to paint literally every aspect of his tenure in a negative light due to it resulting in a failure. The truth of the matter is he managed to bring in some talented players and build a good roster. However he failed at getting the most out of it which is why he'll rightfully lose his job at the end of the season. Its like pulling a gorgeous bird(to use the local vernacular) but not being able to get it up when the time comes because youre too drunk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back