Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think there is a chance that @davek is The Stavros AKA Neil Steele? There arguments are identical, also the names they call people who disagree with there opinions are identical (Kopite and Geordie) it's uncanny if they are 2 different people.

...well given that you wont properly back up your assertion that we'll get a top class manager it probably is time for someone to answer a question or two.

Martinez has our best ever PL campaign without spending the hundreds of millions apparently coming the way of our new "top class" manager from this summer. Only a fool would doubt that he couldn't use that cash to great effect.

In a highly competitive transfer market he could attract as much as any of the dodgy top class managers on your list thus far. Koeman and De Boer have no pedigree in signing top end of the market players, yet you'd let either have the key to the manager's office at Goodison and Moshiri's bank account.

Next season Martinez should place more faith in even greater numbers of younger players coming in and use whatever cash he can muster to buy a top class replacement for Lukaku and and world class goal keeper - something we haven't had since Southall - and run out the club the likes of Baines and Jagielka.
I'm not after aggro Dave, just a few thoughts.

I'm not convinced De Boer or Koeman would be the best replacements. One is middle of the PL-ish and the other is untested here. That could be great or a total disaster.

I also think perhaps your last paragraph is harsh on Robles who I think is a decent keeper - I'm all for signing better players in every position but how many world class keepers are available? There's players who need replacing way before Robles.

I'm also curious as to how many seasons of upper-places-of-the-bottom-half-of-the-table finishes we should tolerate before we think we should be doing better? We're already heading for the second on the trot, after we'd finished 5th previously. I think that's going the wrong way. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's not progress to me at least.

I am sure you have been browsing mate, and hence, will know exactly what, and why, Paul has divulged.
No, I haven't.

But I'm not asking for names here, just a class of a manager. Is it harsh to ask if we're about to get rid of a manager who people dont see as a top class manager ready to take on the challenge of winning trophies if his replacement has PL/CL/WC winning experience? I dont think so.

All I've seen in response so far is the usual media speculation about managers who really aren't all that. Koeman is ok, and he's been good at S'ton, but dos that qualify him as the no brainer successor to Martines who should come in and spend a fortune? Not for me.

I have seen no top class manager mentioned yet who we could realistically see as oa new boss. Mourinho is off that scale mad as an option.

No, I wont.

But a top class manager has been hinted at here and if anyone believes that someone like Koeman or De Boer fulfils that is not on.

Top class means exactly that: a manager at the top of the industry with pedigree winning major trophies.

Nice to hear.
Youve been away long time I suggest you check out some esks posts and there has been other itk posts in other sites too. The signs are strong (yeah thats sounded funny) that Moshiri is hitting it big and has plans that can attract great manager.

Daveks love of Martinez and Steve Wigan of Kenwright giant bag pack full of popcorn.....its all too much feel a migraine coming on..:)

...well given that you wont properly back up your assertion that we'll get a top class manager it probably is time for someone to answer a question or two.

Martinez has our best ever PL campaign without spending the hundreds of millions apparently coming the way of our new "top class" manager from this summer. Only a fool would doubt that he couldn't use that cash to great effect.

In a highly competitive transfer market he could attract as much as any of the dodgy top class managers on your list thus far. Koeman and De Boer have no pedigree in signing top end of the market players, yet you'd let either have the key to the manager's office at Goodison and Moshiri's bank account.

Next season Martinez should place more faith in even greater numbers of younger players coming in and use whatever cash he can muster to buy a top class replacement for Lukaku and and world class goal keeper - something we haven't had since Southall - and run out the club the likes of Baines and Jagielka.

Also I think our worst ever Pl campaign or did you obliterate that from the memory banks.

I'm not after aggro Dave, just a few thoughts.

I'm not convinced De Boer or Koeman would be the best replacements. One is middle of the PL-ish and the other is untested here. That could be great or a total disaster.

I also think perhaps your last paragraph is harsh on Robles who I think is a decent keeper - I'm all for signing better players in every position but how many world class keepers are available? There's players who need replacing way before Robles.

I'm also curious as to how many season of upper-places-of-the-bottom-half-of-the-table finishes we should tolerate before we think we should be doing better? We've already heading for the second on the trot, after we'd finished 5th previously. I think that's going the wrong way. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's not progress to me at least.
By all means IF there's a fortune to spend then go out and replace Martinez. The thing is though - and you know it - during the summer we would struggle to get a top class manager in. Even a Koeman wouldn't touch this place with a bargepole given the atmosphere created by the social media mafia and their numb nuts friends in the media.

I'll state categorically now that we're more likely to end up with an Eddie Howe type from the continent than a truly distinguished winner of a manager - an industry leader. W all KNOW it. The stuff being bandied about now about a top class manager if we can get martinez out is pure propaganda...if not, let's get down to brass tacks here and hear from @The Esk what sort of man we can expect that will certainly kick us on......

t572649656ddb1.webp

Lad?

No, I haven't.

But I'm not asking for names here, just a class of a manager. Is it harsh to ask if we're about to get rid of a manager who people dont see as a top class manager ready to take on the challenge of winning trophies if his replacement has PL/CL/WC winning experience? I dont think so.

All I've seen in response so far is the usual media speculation about managers who really aren't all that. Koeman is ok, and he's been good at S'ton, but dos that qualify him as the no brainer successor to Martines who should come in and spend a fortune? Not for me.

I have seen no top class manager mentioned yet who we could realistically see as oa new boss. Mourinho is off that scale mad as an option.

Feel a bit hurt there ffs

Fair enough though. Suffice to say that no one who has managed in the PL is off limits. No one.

FWIW, I share your concerns re De Bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back