Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get rid of Martinez what would be the point if his successor hadn't won major trophies in the game given the likely level of spending?

It's a very reasonable benchmark and the likes of De Boer et al simply dont meet it.

First point. As I have repeatedly said, it is his long term PL trend that makes me wanting him gone. Nothing else.

On De Boer, as I said, I have my doubts. But I would have doubts about anyone to differing degrees. Take, for example, Jose. He could well win us some silverware, but then go all Jose on us, and it all goes tits up. Pellegrini could be mince in the market.

But that is all conjecture. Robertos PL trend is not. It is there, in terrifying technicolour

@davek is a hero.

The man could have defended Dunkirk single handedly.

i_love_you_dave-81505.jpg

First point. As I have repeatedly said, it is his long term PL trend that makes me wanting him gone. Nothing else.

On De Boer, as I said, I have my doubts. But I would have doubts about anyone to differing degrees. Take, for example, Jose. He could well win us some silverware, but then go all Jose on us, and it all goes tits up. Pellegrini could be mince in the market.

But that is all conjecture. Robertos PL trend is not. It is there, in terrifying technicolour
There is no 'long term' - he's been here three seasons and one of them was a record breaking one.

Got Malaga to a CL semi final mate. Semi finals are all the rage these days I heard
But we're looking for trophy winners now. We have the cash. We just need the industry leading managerial brands to line up for inspection.

Unfortunately all I'm hearing is Koeman and De Boer.

There is no 'long term' - he's been here three seasons and one of them was a record breaking one.
I did ask you before mate, but you avoided it, how many lower league finishes should we tolerate as acceptable before we should say 'we can do better'?

Heading for the second bottom half finish on the trot, after finishing 5th, is not progress to my mind, it's the opposite. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Been in the PL 7 seasons mate. The trend is there.

Take a look.
Not with us he hasn't been. It's a false analysis. It'd be like saying we should judge Pellegrini after two seasons out of the CL places with us and saying he was the right man because he did it with City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back