Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did ask you before mate, but you avoided it, how many lower league finishes should we tolerate as acceptable before we should say 'we can do better'?

Heading for the second bottom half finish on the trot, after finishing 5th, is not progress to my mind, it's the opposite. Perhaps I'm wrong.

The only way to go back up is if you go down.
Progress will happen at some point.

I think you overestimate how much notice the top pros take of Twitter comments directed at them - I'd say most will just block any abuse and not read it, if indeed they access it at all.

I think you underestimate how much they lie when they say they don't read it...if you don't read it you become subject to being out of touch and that'll see you down faster than anything. They'l have a section that hate on them no matter what but you should take some notice of the general consensus. Not necessarily commenting on Martinez here as he does seem to be out of touch but just celeb/famous etc. people in general.

But we're looking for trophy winners now. We have the cash. We just need the industry leading managerial brands to line up for inspection.

Unfortunately all I'm hearing is Koeman and De Boer.

Perhaps you should have browsed after all then. Cos bigger. more successful names than that have been mentioned in dipatches.

I did ask you before mate, but you avoided it, how many lower league finishes should we tolerate as acceptable before we should say 'we can do better'?

Heading for the second bottom half finish on the trot, after finishing 5th, is not progress to my mind, it's the opposite. Perhaps I'm wrong.
Yes, if he stayed he couldn't finish bottom half again with a large cash injection.

Goes without saying.

Did he? What did he do there mate?

Stopped us playing in the CL for one Dave - remember?
Finished 2nd and 3rd with Villareal and qualified for the CL - 3 times
Qualified for the CL with an utter minnow in Malaga - and before you state the cliche - actually check the Malaga spending and you'll realise they didn't spend that much at all

Built two teams from nothing into CL teams, basically one a team the size of Wigan really

Oh and before the - CL qualification means nothing line you will obviously come out with - how come it was Martinezs own target then if it means nothing? - one he has failed to achieve by a comical ammount

@davek what do you think about someone like Favre or Emery? Favre has experience awakening a sleeping giant of football, and Emery is a two (possibly three) time Europa League winner.

But we're looking for trophy winners now. We have the cash. We just need the industry leading managerial brands to line up for inspection.

Unfortunately all I'm hearing is Koeman and De Boer.
Put yourself forward.....with all your knowledge 72 points is a cinch.....isn't it ?? Ah but BK is still there isn't he ?? Oh well...

By all means IF there's a fortune to spend then go out and replace Martinez. The thing is though - and you know it - during the summer we would struggle to get a top class manager in. Even a Koeman wouldn't touch this place with a bargepole given the atmosphere created by the social media mafia and their numb nuts friends in the media.

I'll state categorically now that we're more likely to end up with an Eddie Howe type from the continent than a truly distinguished winner of a manager - an industry leader. W all KNOW it. The stuff being bandied about now about a top class manager if we can get martinez out is pure propaganda...if not, let's get down to brass tacks here and hear from @The Esk what sort of man we can expect that will certainly kick us on......
The problem is dave is you talk about Everton as small time but Mr Moshiri obviously thinks about Everton as something else.......why is it not possible to bring in a distinguished manager? Because you think it's not possible? And if I was Mr Moshiri I wouldn't give Roberto a penny as we'd end up with 11 Niasse's.......remember him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back