Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The intensity of his tactics have totally changed from the first season especially off the ball. Time and time again he says he is trying to understand the club and it's fans. He mustn't be even trying. If he did he would know 100% without any doubt everton players need to to be willing to get stuck in and standing off is not tolerated .he doesn't so no to be honest I feel no pity.

Likewise, but one of the things that did me were his pre and post match interviews essentially no matter what he tried to say but treating the fans as nonenties and having no idea, his chats were patronising to say the least.

This is a myth. He has £16m (in average) net spend per season while Moyes had around £1.5m-£2m per season and still done better in the league.

Either way, think it is counter productive to compare spends from different eras. Well it is interesting, but not a reason to use it as a stick to beat a manger with, or to defend one.

Rom would not have cost £28m 8 years ago.

Ok, no 14 year old would have, but you get the point!

Either way, think it is counter productive to compare spends from different eras. Well it is interesting, but not a reason to use it as a stick to beat a manger with, or to defend one.

Rom would not have cost £28m 8 years ago.

Ok, no 14 year old would have, but you get the point!

I get what you mean. What I want to show is Martinez did have resources available to him, unlike some poster said he had no money to spend and that is why we can't complete and languishing in 11th.

Last edited:
I've said it a few times mate: you dont get sacked from this club with midtable finishes and Wembley appearances. No matter how much a bunch of whingers stamp up and down it doesn't change a thing.

Moshiri is backseat. I cant imagine him meddling in football decisions until he's laying down some serious cash investment into this squad...whenever that arrives.
Ooops

still don't get the moyes/martinez debate, they both had their chance here and it hasn't worked out. moyes was too defensive while martinez was the opposite. both had flaws that prevented them from success ( you need a balance). Hopefully whoever comes next can find it.

I get what you mean. What I want to show is Martinez did have resources available to him, unlike some poster said he had no money to spend and that is why we can't complete and langlishing in 11th.

Oh sure. He has been supported cash wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back