Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that hard, a good manager would be able to see that how he is setting us up to play isn't working, and that he needs to change it, but as he has said on numerous occasions, he doesn't see it as a problem, and it's still the right way to play in his opinion.

For me, I don't think it's how we set up to play, it's how we actually play...we are the the architects of our own malaise.

the comparisons with moyes are pretty irrelevant no? Different ownership, and other than a few lazy journos/pundits no one really believes moyes is in the running for the job

Moyes was brilliant for the club and at least got us back up and fighting somewhere near the top 4 but was never backed with the necessary cash to break the ceiling.

It's fair to say that you should never go back.

davek called kenwright out for the bell he is before pretty much anyone, in fairness to him

He did that an in fairness made some very good points.

I would like to say though about BK what ever the criticism of Dave, in the whole business of investment and take over the club IMO has been for the best interests of the club. Just imagine if he had sold to those Americans. I have no doubt the club would have been loaded with debt just like Man U and Liverpool under G & H. This has not happened thanks to BK. The arrival of Moshiri has been careful as far as we know there has been no debt loaded onto the club as yet! but rather the hope of better things to come. So I will give BK some credit as a careful custodian of Everton FC but not with out some black spot.

Nah you got it wrong there. Do you know why I said "unlike some poster..." because I don't want to say (name calling) dave made it out as if Martinez has no resources to complete. Do you get what I mean?

That's why I said "nah I was not refering to LouReed"...actually I was refering to dave...
fair enough mate...apologies if I misconstrued events.

Nah you got it wrong there. Do you know why I said "unlike some poster..." because I don't want to say (name calling) dave made it out as if Martinez has no resources to complete. Do you get what I mean?

That's why I said "nah I was not refering to LouReed"...actually I was refering to dave...

So just to clear it up and not name any names it was Dave not Lou ;)

Don't worry your secret is safe with the rest of the forum.

But we're looking for trophy winners now. We have the cash. We just need the industry leading managerial brands to line up for inspection.

Unfortunately all I'm hearing is Koeman and De Boer.

...what we need mate is a self-absorbed underachiever with marked & proven tendencies to spiral downward and who would openly admit that he'd never alter his non-productive game plan & philosophy - ever - despite the fact that he'd also admit that perhaps playing 'other' ways & adapting would gets more points in this points based business. Where would we find such a man?

Oh.

;)

...what we need mate is a self-absorbed underachiever with marked & proven tendencies to spiral downward and who would openly admit that he'd never alter his non-productive game plan & philosophy - ever - despite the fact that he'd also admit that perhaps playing 'other' ways & adapting would gets more points in this points based business. Where would we find such a man?

Oh.

;)

Good question!

Order of preference:

PL winner
Top European league winner (Spain, Italy, Germany)
CL winner
Manager who's got form getting any team a CL spot consistently.

...what we'll end up with: some Euro-boss with a snotty attitude and a thimbleful of talent who'll piss £150M up against the wall.

If I was investing £200 odd million (allegedly) that would be my order of preference too. If Roberto goes, which I think he will, it might just be because Moshiri thinks the same way.

This season hasn't been good enough imo, and it's bad that it's got to the stage where he's been abused getting into his car, but it might not have mattered anyway. New owner, new broom etc

Who we get, I think Pellegrini, might well be a snotty euro boss though.

Someone made a good point after Man U league game, they said "It's as if Martinez just wrote all the players name on separate pieces of paper, threw them all up in the air, and then just played the players where they landed"

In the midfield, definitely...which is where a 4-2-3-1 is stacked. But then you've typically got Barry, who can't run and McCarthy who's allergic to 10+ yard passes, so now there's a void in the middle third and everyone farther up top has to come back to receive a pass. Either condense everything from the top down or coach/replace your midfield ammo.

Oh.

;)
lol lol...as the song (Send in the Clowns) goes

Don't you love farce?
My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want...
Sorry, my dear!
And where are the clowns
Send in the clowns
Don't bother, they're already here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back