Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he also bought 5 or so wigan players with him. i said from day one he would turn us into a wigan type team. he has transformed us into exactly that. EXACTLY!!
In so doing, he has added a new word to the lexicon :

wigerton (verb) : to transform something previously good/attractive into something useless/unattractive.

eg. 1)my clumsy younger brother wigertoned my school project.
2) too much cosmetic surgery wigertons many a face.

...and 3) Roberto has totally wigertoned Everton.

Our best and most consistent performer in Barry is a mediocre signing... okay. Lennon was a good signing and was the catalyst for the end of last season. We haven't even seen Holgate around the first team yet.

Whilst I agree that his transfer record is not as good as others would like to make out, it pains me to see people completely write off our own players like that - more-so than people overrating them.

I'm going by what we have seen of Holgate in the u21s. As for Barry I completely agree with you but can't help but feel he's stood out so much due to how the season has went really... the best of a bad bunch let's say. I'm not writing any players off at all, I fully support every player of ours on the pitch but I can also give a critical opinion from what I've seen... would Barry make it into the top 20 midfielders in the league never mind top 10 so yeah I think I've rated him fairly but as I say, it's just my opinion.

I asked davek most of that but didn't have a reply off him

Davek is worse than a politician. He just ignores anything he hasn't got an answer to and will focus on something else or go off on a tangent. It's what people that think they're intelligent but have no argument do.

Davek chats a lot of rubbish, never answers any questions he doesn't want to and is only interested in massaging his over inflated opinion of himself while entertaining himself by trying to annoy fellow supporters.

Bit sad really ...

Davek is worse than a politician. He just ignores anything he hasn't got an answer to and will focus on something else or go off on a tangent. It's what people that think they're intelligent but have no argument do.

Davek chats a lot of rubbish, never answers any questions he doesn't want to and is only interested in massaging his over inflated opinion of himself while entertaining himself by trying to annoy fellow supporters.

Bit sad really ...
...he's been wigertoned

what's wigertoned?

In so doing, he has added a new word to the lexicon :

wigerton (verb) : to transform something previously good/attractive into something useless/unattractive.

eg. 1)my clumsy younger brother wigertoned my school project.
2) too much cosmetic surgery wigertons many a face.

...and 3) Roberto has totally wigertoned Everton.

He likes to be different!
...it's not this lad is it?
7983c5492cff7a5fb11cce2438581039.resize_640x.jpg

Rodriguez bad? He's a kid.

Barry and Galloway mediocre? What are you on?
It's an opinion mate... not on anything... Rodriguez is actually slightly older than Lukaku, he's 23...

And yes I stand by the mediocre statement about Barry and Galloway... like I said earlier, they've put in good shifts for us but would both make it into the top 20 nevermind the top 10 in in the league in their respective positions... no they wouldnt. Galloway I think would be a far better player as a CB and shows plenty potential but many players with potential don't live up to it so for me at present as a first team player he's mediocre, he's 3rd choice LB and he'd be lucky to be 4th choice CB at present out of the players that play there naturally and players who can fill in at CB. Again, just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back