Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave: you all are just too blind to see we have a manager who is going to win us things.

Everyone: well why haven't we and why haven't we even beaten some of the worst Liverpool sides of the last 20 years? In fact, we've gotten mauled by them?

Dave: lol, you all deserve Moyes.

they protested to get gordon lee out too, should we have kept him and sacked off the kendall era that came after

In my opinion no. I was merely making the point @davek that social media doesn't make that much of a difference... when it's bad and fans are unhappy the unrest will be seen and heard regardless of the platform it's seen and heard on, be it petitions, protests, social media etc... I think the Kendall situation would have played out exactly the same if social media existed then tbh, the Martínez situation is quite different and I don't think it can be resolved from this point other than by letting him go and finding a suitable replacement.

If anyone needs reminding how crucial the Rom deal was for us, just imagine where we might be this season without his goals. Definitely closer to the drop zone, if not in it.
Whether we overpaid or not for him, he's given us plenty of goals. That's the best deal RM has done.

On the flip side, Alcaraz, McGeady, Kone...

Who has he brought in that wasn't a 'try before you buy' deal (in other words a player that he didn't bring from Wigan or a player he didn't have on loan prior to purchase. There's only a couple come to mind that have been regular first team squad selections.

Someone else can make the list because I can't be arsed.

The man is not competent to run an under 8's team let alone premier league, we keep him we're relegated next season with or without a big transfer budget (something he doesn't have the skill to use well).

I would currently describe myself as an Everton 'follower' and no longer a supporter.

Feel free to tell me it but you'll find the majority of people disagree with you.

I already replied with my reasoning earlier on in the thread and people agreed with me. That's the thing about opinions some people agree, some don't.

If I'm so full of it and wrong then use this as a measure... I'll use last season as a point of reference as we know the final finishing positions, so... last season how many of the players from our squad that Martinez has signed, that you class as "good" and not "average" league players would have made it into the teams starting 11 who finished in the top 4? Really think about it... especially when you base it on current form or even form of last season... none of them would get a sniff!

I support our players on the pitch when I'm at Goodison or at home watching on the telly and if they play for the club and the fans and they work their ass off for the club and the fans then they have my support fully through good and bad form but you have to be realistic here... I'm being critical of Martinez signings from what I see on the pitch. Not saying my word is gospel, it's my opinion, some people on here agree with it, others don't. Barry, Lennon, McCarthy, Cleverly, Galloway etc would be lucky getting a start in any of last seasons top 4 squads if even selected at all over the players currently there, therefore theyre "average" borderline "good", I'd go as far as saying they'd be hard pushed getting into some mid table sides starting 11 tbf...

If sacking RM can make Stones and Rom stay then there shouldn't be any 2nd thoughts for Mohshiri. Before getting a new manager in, we need to define what we are looking for. Of course its finishing in the top 4 but we might move in that transition phase like so many other clubs, including RS who've been in it for a number of years. Even after qualifying for the CL they still can't sustain their league position. Fans will again become restless if after spending 100M+ we end up between 7th and 4th. We need to be patient if RM is sacked. The new manager will bring his own philosophy, players will be shown the door and new players will need time. I personally cannot see CL anytime soon. I'm just hoping any new manager that comes in can give us a derby win FFS!

Pretty sure that defeats get more posts/pages than wins in the match threads.....

Draw your own conclusions as to what that might indicate.....

They get more pages because it feed into the relative negativity and its a snowball effect of the negativity that has been growing for months/seasons.

But it goes both ways. I remember in his first season this place was absolutely buzzing. After every win the pages grew and grew when we lost on the rare occasion the page count was much less. Because it was a glitch. We were indifferent.

It's not that we are a negative bunch. When things are positive we feed on the positive when things are negative vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back