Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped us playing in the CL for one Dave - remember?
Finished 2nd and 3rd with Villareal and qualified for the CL - 3 times
Qualified for the CL with an utter minnow in Malaga - and before you state the cliche - actually check the Malaga spending and you'll realise they didn't spend that much at all

Built two teams from nothing into CL teams, basically one a team the size of Wigan really

Oh and before the - CL qualification means nothing line you will obviously come out with - how come it was Martinezs own target then if it means nothing? - one he has failed to achieve by a comical ammount

Love the stats based quotes. Facts. Nice.

I'd take Pelligrini too, for what it's worth... I'd forgotten about Malaga, and when it's press time I think he says less rather than more which would be a breath of fresh air.

Ill say one thing about RM. You can go into any game thinking we can win. Any team away from home who are better than us on paper and you genuinely don't know how it'll go. Whoever takes over needs to retain that mentality.
If you go into games attacking teams away from home you start winning and before you know it, it becomes a habit.

Ill say one thing about RM. You can go into any game thinking we can win. Any team away from home who are better than us on paper and you genuinely don't know how it'll go. Whoever takes over needs to retain that mentality.
If you go into games attacking teams away from home you start winning and before you know it, it becomes a habit.
The mindset and reality are sadly different under Martinez. Yes our away form is better than our home form, but we've only won 5 games away.

Ma
The mindset and reality are sadly different under Martinez. Yes our away form is better than our home form, but we've only won 5 games away.
Makes no difference. Unless I'm the only one who thinks it's the case. Until recently that's how I looked at us.
What in getting at is if you look at other teams that came from average to champions in a short space of time, Man U , Leeds, Blackburn etc they all had the same attitude.

Davek's return will still be pale in comparison to Martinez return next season...
(...knocking on the wood of the Martinez coffin...)

Davek is worse than a politician. He just ignores anything he hasn't got an answer to and will focus on something else or go off on a tangent. It's what people that think they're intelligent but have no argument do.

Davek chats a lot of rubbish, never answers any questions he doesn't want to and is only interested in massaging his over inflated opinion of himself while entertaining himself by trying to annoy fellow supporters.

Bit sad really ...
I know if he wants to be in noddyland with Martinez and kenwright up to him . I like this forum and the fellow supporters and i don't dislike davek either . I just want the best for Everton

I think you'll find I said a combination of the Moyes "platform" praised by Martinez and Martinez's attacking principles - I think that fairly credits him with achieving 5th that year.

But talking of "skewed assessments" that was two whole seasons ago, and we've regressed hugely since then for reasons well known and discussed here a million times.

I find your support of him on the basis of one season now two seasons back, unfathomable, especially with the catastrophic deterioration in form and spirit within the club in recent months.

How for example would you expect Martinez to retain all our talent this summer, based on the evidence of this season?
If you read that Daily Mail article with Carragher he's not worried about losing players because it's his system that's important and that's what will work in the long run (I know - the irony)

It's obvious at this stage that anyone voting for for Martinez to stay is simply a troll. Why would anyone want him to remain after the last two years of absolute dross. The man is completely clueless and the worst type of bullsh##er who will through absolutely ANYONE under the bus to save his own skin. I curse the day David Moyes screwed up and allowed that awful Wigan side to play us off the park, were it not for that result we'd never of been subjected to this clown. He should of been sacked months ago but as usual the fools who run our club will drag their heels and make a pantomime out of the whole thing until he eventually gets what he deserves and is sacked after the Norwich game, it can't come soon enough!

It's obvious at this stage that anyone voting for for Martinez to stay is simply a troll. Why would anyone want him to remain after the last two years of absolute dross. The man is completely clueless and the worst type of bullsh##er who will through absolutely ANYONE under the bus to save his own skin. I curse the day David Moyes screwed up and allowed that awful Wigan side to play us off the park, were it not for that result we'd never of been subjected to this clown. He should of been sacked months ago but as usual the fools who run our club will drag their heels and make a pantomime out of the whole thing until he eventually gets what he deserves and is sacked after the Norwich game, it can't come soon enough!
So what you're saying is, you want rid? That's the message I'm getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back