Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Davek is doing is confronting everybody's worse fears. Who wouldn't want to believe The Esk, and the narrative that things are changing. It's very seductive, essentially even though I believe in it. It's just speculation. However at this stage considering the lack of direction from the board, it's not surprising that a narrative is established that says business as usual. Argue as much as you want, the so called conventional wisdom a year ago said, we couldn't finish higher than fifth. Around tenth, look where we are. Leicester proved that was a fallacy. Stay in the Premiership and have a good cup run. It no longer applies. But oh were we not, force fed that couldn't happen by the media. Davek's right. He's just telling you the narrative under Kenwright told you so...BS.

The advent of Moshiri, it's a game changer, we hope. In my opinion, unless I see real change, And I sincerely believe it's going to happen, but until it does, like it or loathe it , Under Kenwright, expect Eddie Howe, Mark Hughes or the return of Moyes, worst of all, another season under Martinez.

Fundamentally that's were, I differ from Davek . The landscape has changed. I really hope he's wrong. I might have given Martinez the benefit of the doubt, going into the semi. But you lose to that lot over the street, forgetting twice in his reign. I don't care if you're Catterick or Kendall. You've got to be sacked,. No excuses. You're gone. I was there for that 5 - 0. Tell you something, Kendall never let it happen again. Fair play to him. After that, I wanted him out. He proved me wrong. We gave them some proper hidings after that. You want to see the future?

Martinez is not capable of winning there, simply because he doesn't know what it takes. He says he gets the club, that's rubbish. If you get the club, you don't let Stones go off with tummy hurts, you never pick him in the first place cause he has no idea what it means to us. Let's not beat around the bush, he's a [Poor language removed]. Both of them are. And that is unforgivable. That's simply not Everton. It's not our Cup Final but when things are going down the pan, the least I expect from an Everton team, is to show some feckin' pride in the derby. If you can't summon that as a Chairmen or as a Manager you simply have to go. You don't get us. I don't give a fcuk for the arguments against. The capitulation against Liverpool was cowardly, worse, an indictment of the systematic failure of the so called Everton way that has led us to defeat after defeat . And the decision not to sack Martinez afterwards was not only cowardly but an unforgivable insult to Evertonians .

To be fair lukaku should not be marked as a success by Martinez mate.

A) how often do players like lukaku get made available? Even martial cost more and is nowhere near his level yet.

B) the club were backed into a corner hence the overpayment. They had to buy him to show a little ambition after finishing 5th. Imagine the fans reaction if he went elsewhere despute being for sale after selling players in years before?

Martinez signing his players were niasse, Barry, besic, mcgeady etc sure. Lukaku was a forced move by the club to finally back a manager.

What?

Martinez was a Lukaku signing in the sense that he bought him, you can't just omit him because he's been a success.

This is why for me Martinez shouldn't be here next season:

After 3 years in charge you would expect us to be going into next season with a solid foundation, and with the money available should by now just need tweaking here and there,we're not.

We have a way of playing that apart from the odd game here and there is mind numbingly boring to watch, and everyone else can see that tactically it's not working, apart from Martinez who still thinks it's the right way to play, so he's not going to change.

Martinez in his own words is never to blame for a defeat, it's always something/someone else's fault (deluded)

Defensively we are a shambles, but we don't do anything about it in training because supposedly it's a waste of time practicing defending set - pieces etc.

Do we actually do any fitness training? Because our fitness levels are atrocious.

We have players who look like they aren't playing for the manager anymore.

We have a split fanbase.

That should be enough to see him gone.
Well said mate...my sentiments exactly.
Just cannot believe how the club are disrespecting the paying customers

Their form turned when it was announced that Pellegrino wasn't staying though. He would be a huge upgrade on Martinez.

Agreed - and who could blame Pellegrini for that - if they had treated me like that I'd be sticking Mary, the tea lady from the training ground up front for a laugh!

no we're not. its almost unanimous we all wants him gone. 95% across all internet polls conducted online is unprecedented for an everton manager in the modern era.

I'm curious if benetiz would start off with such rating if he is our manager.
Benitez?

koff

Am I still in the minority thinking Martinez will remain as manager?

Prior Moshiri - there's no doubt he will have remained manager. "What. A. Manager"

Whether he should or not, at this stage I'm still not convinced Moshiri will make the decision unless there is a top, top manager wanting to come in.

If he was going, wouldnt he have gone now? What would be the point in prolonging the inevitable?

I also think the decision on the manager will provide insight into Moshiri's genuine ambition for the club...

Apologies if the following has already been noticed- I've been working all weekend and only had chance to skim the thread;

I was sure Martinez was gone after the Semi Final, then over last week I thought 'Oh jesus he's staying'. But just over the past couple of days with news stories like the Sky one: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...overly-positive-on-evertons-disastrous-season

It seems like the media is preparing us for the change to come. I don't like how the big companies like sky dictate the narrative so much, I think the fans should, but it's true that the media giants hold sway over events in the modern game.

I think Moshiri probably has a hand in that world of media narrative spin- it's probably standard protocol for Sky to be informed first of any big changes- the last 24 hours feel like the big companies (not just twitter rumours) are laying the ground for Martinez gone. Again- it's infuriating that it has to be like this.

All Davek is doing is confronting everybody's worse fears. Who wouldn't want to believe The Esk, and the narrative that things are changing. It's very seductive, essentially even though I believe in it. It's just speculation. However at this stage considering the lack of direction from the board, it's not surprising that a narrative is established that says business as usual. Argue as much as you want, the so called conventional wisdom a year ago said, we couldn't finish higher than fifth. Around tenth, look where we are. Leicester proved that was a fallacy. Stay in the Premiership and have a good cup run. It no longer applies. But oh were we not, force fed that couldn't happen by the media. Davek's right. He's just telling you the narrative under Kenwright told you so...BS.

The advent of Moshiri, it's a game changer, we hope. In my opinion, unless I see real change, And I sincerely believe it's going to happen, but until it does, like it or loathe it , Under Kenwright, expect Eddie Howe, Mark Hughes or the return of Moyes, worst of all, another season under Martinez.

Fundamentally that's were, I differ from Davek . The landscape has changed. I really hope he's wrong. I might have given Martinez the benefit of the doubt, going into the semi. But you lose to that lot over the street, forgetting twice in his reign. I don't care if you're Catterick or Kendall. You've got to be sacked,. No excuses. You're gone. I was there for that 5 - 0. Tell you something, Kendall never let it happen again. Fair play to him. After that, I wanted him out. He proved me wrong. We gave them some proper hidings after that. You want to see the future?

Martinez is not capable of winning there, simply because he doesn't know what it takes. He says he gets the club, that's rubbish. If you get the club, you don't let Stones go off with tummy hurts, you never pick him in the first place cause he has no idea what it means to us. Let's not beat around the bush, he's a [Poor language removed]. Both of them are. And that is unforgivable. That's simply not Everton. It's not our Cup Final but when things are going down the pan, the least I expect from an Everton team, is to show some feckin' pride in the derby. If you can't summon that as a Chairmen or as a Manager you simply have to go. You don't get us. I don't give a fcuk for the arguments against. The capitulation against Liverpool was cowardly, worse, an indictment of the systematic failure of the so called Everton way that has led us to defeat after defeat . And the decision not to sack Martinez afterwards was not only cowardly but an unforgivable insult to Evertonians .
Had that derby embarrassment come 3 days after the SF and not the other way round, I think he'd have been gone the morning after.

As it was, as much as he deserved the can for it, it was never going to happen days before a trip to Wembley.

It's now left a sense of inertia, with a seemingly inevitable seasons end departure leaving a month of speculation and frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back