Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not acceptable
To be fair lukaku should not be marked as a success by Martinez mate.

A) how often do players like lukaku get made available? Even martial cost more and is nowhere near his level yet.

B) the club were backed into a corner hence the overpayment. They had to buy him to show a little ambition after finishing 5th. Imagine the fans reaction if he went elsewhere despute being for sale after selling players in years before?

Martinez signing his players were niasse, Barry, besic, mcgeady etc sure. Lukaku was a forced move by the club to finally back a manager.

LOL, if you're gonna talk crap, can you please make it a bit shorter?

Thanks.

pos.gif
How is it? We doubled our transfer record and come the next year, suddenly got nowhere near it again.

Hardly speculating when we don't spend anywhere near that amount before and after on a player who in 90% of any other scenarios would not be for sale

But del and lukaku are different signings. One was a young player who couldn't get a game either at his or another club. So the fact we took him on loan convinced him to come back. Common sense really

I'm not saying lukaku isn't a Martinez signing, I'm saying the board have a lot more to do with it then people give them credit before because they had to show ambition for the precious season after not doing so for 11 years before that.

And the fact lukaku was being offered about to the highest bidder, how often does a player of that quality get made available? Probably second best young striker in Europe (kane top fair enough) and his club don't want him?
Offered to the highest bidder? We took him on loan in the first season mate.

In fairness he chose to come here rather than back to WBA, largely due to Martinez.

The following summer Martinez told the board he wanted him to be made permanent and the board delivered. It really is that simple.

There's reason enough to pick holes in Martinez tenure without creating bogus narratives that don't reflect the truth

I also think the decision on the manager will provide insight into Moshiri's genuine ambition for the club...

This here, is the crux. IF and it's a big if, you want to see the future of Everton, He needs to show his cards. Not on my or anybody's else's timescale, but now is the time, show some leadership. Because if there is one thing we have been lacking for a generation is leadership and ambition.

Alcaraz - injured, mostly poor, ok when fit - which wasn't often 2/10
Kone - injured until this season - then decent for 2-3 months then back to guff. 3/10
McGeady - pace-ish, trickery-ish, can't beat a man or cross - zero end product (obviously looked good in Russia) 2/10
Niasse - probably same as McGeady - no idea 2/10 for now
Mattioni - defensive cover - why exactly with an injury record longer than an Allman Brothers solo? 0/10
Rodriguez - obviously another Martinez gamble - who exactly did we send to Uruguay to watch him? 2/10

Cleverley 5/10 but, you know, a freebie
McCarthy 6/10 but going downhill
Lennon 7/10
Barry 6/10 see Macca
Galloway 6/10 promising
Besic 6.5/10 might work if he can stay fit
Robles 6/10 had faith in him at Wigan (FA Cup run) - took removal of blinkers to see he was better than Howard
RFM 6/10 prone to the odd gaffe but decent enough
Geri 8/10 - but only if the manager hasn't screwed his head up since Christmas
Lukaku 8/10 - but again he's talking about finding the door...

16 players and £90M or so spent.

Most of the team - if not every one - has regressed from 12 months ago.
Regressed so much that there is a real risk that we could spend the summer fighting off huge bids from other clubs for some of our players.

People have become so blind in the anxiety to get RM out of the club that all sense of balance is gone.

The reason he needs to leave the club is because he cannot put together a team that can consistently win matches from the very talented bunch of players that he largely brought to the club.

His weakness is not in signing players, that is his strength , his weakness is not putting a winning team in place.
Who will finish runner-up in the POTY - Ross at a push or Robles, maybe - any other candidates?

So who exactly - in the Premier League right now - would he be signing? Can we trust his judgement to find a top notch midfielder and, for that matter, a 20 goals a year striker?

Offered to the highest bidder? We took him on loan in the first season mate.

In fairness he chose to come here rather than back to WBA, largely due to Martinez.

The following summer Martinez told the board he wanted him to be made permanent and the board delivered. It really is that simple.

There's reason enough to pick holes in Martinez tenure without creating bogus narratives that don't reflect the truth
And we overpaid to make sure we were the highest bidders?

Language
How is it? We doubled our transfer record and come the next year, suddenly got nowhere near it again.

Hardly speculating when we don't spend anywhere near that amount before and after on a player who in 90% of any other scenarios would not be for sale
kopite behaviour

Lets not start posting completely made up shîte and try passing it off as the truth.

This here, is the crux. IF and it's a big if, you want to see the future of Everton, He needs to show his cards. Not on my or anybody's else's timescale, but now is the time, show some leadership. Because if there is one thing we have been lacking for a generation is leadership and ambition.

All will soon happen.

Not a doubt in my mind.

kopite behaviour

Lets not start posting completely made up shîte and try passing it off as the truth.
Kopite behavior?

Name one thing in that post that isn't true? We bought fellaini after selling to raise that money, years pass, McCarthy comes from selling fellaini then all of a sudden double the transfer fee, then a year later, can't only muster up half thst amount.

It's also kopite behavior to throw insults just because someone doesn't agree with you all Rawk.

But that's none of my business

Don't call other blues Kopites
Kopite behavior?

Name one thing in that post that isn't true? We bought fellaini after selling to raise that money, years pass, McCarthy comes from selling fellaini then all of a sudden double the transfer fee, then a year later, can't only muster up half thst amount.

It's also kopite behavior to throw insults just because someone doesn't agree with you all Rawk.

But that's none of my business
you are making crap up in your head and posting it as true.

kopite behaviour

His position is untenable mate. He's lost the dressing room and the fanbase, there's no coming back from that.

I sadly agree with this. I've been pilloried (so too has @davek to a much greater extent) for being patient with our manager. Well, I'm not embarrassed that I've had a bit of patience.

However, his time here is done. Things have gone too far, and they simply can't carry on this way. We need a manager we can all unite behind. Even if we might end up at each others throats in 18-month's time.

And we overpaid to make sure we were the highest bidders?

And Martinez doesn't hold the purse-strings, and therefore can neither be blamed nor lauded for that aspect of the transfer... he did well to convince both players to come to Everton and there's plenty of other things to criticise him for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back