Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said mate...my sentiments exactly.
Just cannot believe how the club are disrespecting the paying customers

Unfortunately they don't need paying customers any longer. As far as they are concerned they see cardboard cutouts that occasionally make a noise as the wind blows through.

Am I still in the minority thinking Martinez will remain as manager?

Prior Moshiri - there's no doubt he will have remained manager. "What. A. Manager"

Whether he should or not, at this stage I'm still not convinced Moshiri will make the decision unless there is a top, top manager wanting to come in.

If he was going, wouldnt he have gone now? What would be the point in prolonging the inevitable?

I also think the decision on the manager will provide insight into Moshiri's genuine ambition for the club...
I still don't trust Kenwright to do the right thing, he will be bending Moshiri's ear about how great a manager Martinez is.
I just hope that Moshiri will see through this and will make a move to replace him.

What?

Martinez was a Lukaku signing in the sense that he bought him, you can't just omit him because he's been a success.
The board were forced to buy him to show ambition, no matter who the manager was they've old have had to sign him.

Considering he apparently wanted demba be instead in the first place, it's hardly comparable to besic, or even lennon.

Prior Moshiri - there's no doubt he will have remained manager. "What. A. Manager"

Whether he should or not, at this stage I'm still not convinced Moshiri will make the decision unless there is a top, top manager wanting to come in.

If he was going, wouldnt he have gone now? What would be the point in prolonging the inevitable?

I also think the decision on the manager will provide insight into Moshiri's genuine ambition for the club...
His position is untenable mate. He's lost the dressing room and the fanbase, there's no coming back from that.

To be fair lukaku should not be marked as a success by Martinez mate.

A) how often do players like lukaku get made available? Even martial cost more and is nowhere near his level yet.

B) the club were backed into a corner hence the overpayment. They had to buy him to show a little ambition after finishing 5th. Imagine the fans reaction if he went elsewhere despute being for sale after selling players in years before?

Martinez signing his players were niasse, Barry, besic, mcgeady etc sure. Lukaku was a forced move by the club to finally back a manager.

Are you implying that Kenwright wooed Lukaku or something? Ridiculous to try and take away credit from Martinez for that - I want him shifted as much as the next guy but I think he succeeded where others wouldn't in some of our transfer dealings - Lukaku & Deulofeu, namely.

'Hope for the best. Plan for the worst' Jack Reacher.

The board were forced to buy him to show ambition, no matter who the manager was they've old have had to sign him.
pos.gif

I'm starting to become genuinely worried that he's still going to be the manager come August.

I hope that the silence from the board is that they are busy looking for the next manager, and they'll put Martinez out of his misery as soon as said manager becomes available.

If Martinez is still in charge come the first game of the new season, then I hate to say it, but we'll soon be a Championship club.

Are you implying that Kenwright wooed Lukaku or something? Ridiculous to try and take away credit from Martinez for that - I want him shifted as much as the next guy but I think he succeeded where others wouldn't in some of our transfer dealings - Lukaku & Deulofeu, namely.
But del and lukaku are different signings. One was a young player who couldn't get a game either at his or another club. So the fact we took him on loan convinced him to come back. Common sense really

I'm not saying lukaku isn't a Martinez signing, I'm saying the board have a lot more to do with it then people give them credit before because they had to show ambition for the precious season after not doing so for 11 years before that.

And the fact lukaku was being offered about to the highest bidder, how often does a player of that quality get made available? Probably second best young striker in Europe (kane top fair enough) and his club don't want him?

We used to miss the 20 goal a season striker under moyes, it was the only thing we needed to push us on. Now we've got one and the defensive side of things has gone so far backwards that even a 20 goal a season striker hasn't improved where we were. Whichever way you look at it that's Martinez's tactics, formation, style that's caused that
We used to miss the 20 goal a season striker under moyes, it was the only thing we needed to push us on. Now we've got one and the defensive side of things has gone so far backwards that even a 20 goal a season striker hasn't improved where we were. Whichever way you look at it that's Martinez's tactics, formation, style that's caused that

Wasn't talking about his defensive issues. He was saying that Martinez can't be trusted to bring in a 20 goal striker when he already did

The capitulation against Liverpool was cowardly, worse, an indictment of the systematic failure of the so called Everton way that has led us to defeat after defeat . And the decision not to sack Martinez afterwards was not only cowardly but an unforgivable insult to Evertonians .

Strong words - but absolutely agree at this moment in time.

I do hope however that as the sands of time pass we get to understand that this panned out in the way that was best for the brighter future of Everton FC.

Whilst we may not necessarily get to know the full ins and outs as to why it did pan out this way, I still hold the hope that there is much going on in the background.

I am a mere mortal, just a Soldier, I don't profess to understand the workings of multi million pound companies and don't even play in fantasy footy leagues to pretend I could do the job any better. So whilst the current situation defies all logic (for what appears to be the majority of us), just maybe it has a purpose, maybe in time we will find it isn't cowardly and more a case of being calculated, and maybe in time that perceived insult was just an unintended consequence and necessary step to get us back where we belong.

Time will tell, I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back