Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I still in the minority thinking Martinez will remain as manager?

Prior Moshiri - there's no doubt he will have remained manager. "What. A. Manager"

Whether he should or not, at this stage I'm still not convinced Moshiri will make the decision unless there is a top, top manager wanting to come in.

If he was going, wouldnt he have gone now? What would be the point in prolonging the inevitable?

I also think the decision on the manager will provide insight into Moshiri's genuine ambition for the club...
I think there is most probably a split on the board about this. Clearly Kenwright would give Martinez more time. We don't know about Woods but given Maddock's comments that the hierarchy (Kenwright) weren't happy with him walking out of the derby it wouldn't surprise me if he was happy to see Martinez go. I would think Moshiri wouldn't want him to stay. He's got no ties to Martinez and if you look at the situation dispassionately he has to go.
That leaves us with whether he wants to force the matter with Kenwright, which clearly he could do given his shareholding. The idea of keeping Kenwright on in this scenario doesn't look like such a wise move. Then again maybe he had to to get the deal over the line. Either way I think there needs to be a big protest at the Norwich game by the fans.

Just catching up on a few pages in here this bank holiday morning.

Does nobody but me remember the great football we played under Moyes in his last couple of seasons?, great attacking football?

The transition to Martinez was not some revolution, far from it, and I remember at the time thinking it's not much different to how we played last season under Moyes in Martinez's first.

The more I look at Martinez, into his record, I think he's a complete myth, his first season here, he was just caretaker of a Moyes team that was already playing good football, with a team spirit 2nd to none in this league, look at the spirit now, destroyed.

I can't for the life of me see what the Davek types on this forum see in Mythinez, but everyone can have an opinion, there is mine.

And Martinez doesn't hold the purse-strings, and therefore can neither be blamed nor lauded for that aspect of the transfer... he did well to convince both players to come to Everton and there's plenty of other things to criticise him for.
What I'm saying is lukaku compared to say besic is two completely different scenarios.

Lukaku was a top player who to be fair was coup to get him on loan despite wanting someone else apparently. Of course he asked the club to buy him, the board finally backed a a manager for the first time to sign him. A unique opportunity for the club to sign him and hardly took a genius to work out thst he was a Brilliant player.

Compared to besic who noone had heard of playing for a team nit may had heard of and he was scouted and signed well under the radar of other clubs. Players like mori besic Galloway are 100% credit to Martinez. Besic alone I think is a top find for a manager, thst is down to him. I'm just not comparing that to signing lukaku.

I'm not arguing with clueless cockwombles like you over fanciful shïte floating about your vape addled brain.

The deciding factor in Romelu Lukaku signing for Everton was Roberto Martinez.

No matter what bilge you spout this remains the truth.
Who's arguing? I'm asking what isn't true about the club not funding a player without sales before or after we signed lukaku?

Hardly a hard question, if I'm wrong about it and making it up.

Just catching up on a few pages in here this bank holiday morning.

Does nobody but me remember the great football we played under Moyes in his last couple of seasons?, great attacking football?

The transition to Martinez was not some revolution, far from it, and I remember at the time thinking it's not much different to how we played last season under Moyes in Martinez's first.

The more I look at Martinez, into his record, I think he's a complete myth, his first season here, he was just caretaker of a Moyes team that was already playing good football, with a team spirit 2nd to none in this league, look at the spirit now, destroyed.

I can't for the life of me see what the Davek types on this forum see in Mythinez, but everyone can have an opinion, there is mine.
I remember the good football.
He got the UTD job for a reason I suppose.
But i hope we get someone who can attract top players.

I'm not arguing with clueless cockwombles like you over fanciful shïte floating about your vape addled brain.

@tommye, rein it in. Absolutely no need for the level of angst. If it wasn't a bank holiday, you'd be suspended from your last few posts alone. Language, kopite behaviour etc...

To be fair lukaku should not be marked as a success by Martinez mate.

A) how often do players like lukaku get made available? Even martial cost more and is nowhere near his level yet.

B) the club were backed into a corner hence the overpayment. They had to buy him to show a little ambition after finishing 5th. Imagine the fans reaction if he went elsewhere despute being for sale after selling players in years before?

Martinez signing his players were niasse, Barry, besic, mcgeady etc sure. Lukaku was a forced move by the club to finally back a manager.
Mate, he signed Lukaku.

No getting away from it.

Mate, he signed Lukaku.

No getting away from it.
I think everyone is jumping on something what I don't mean to say.

Said it above I'm not comparing signing lukaku as a plus point on Martinez compared to the likes of mori and besic who were great transfers for Martinez.

I'll praise him for players like them, like Galloway as well as he picked them from relatively obscure locations compared to signing the best young striker in Europe because he was suddenly available.

Bit strong that mate? I think the main reason Bobby has to go is the way he has caused a schism amongst the fans! Both sides are becoming increasingly vitriolic and that can never be a good thing? I like Martinez the man, i like dreamers! Unfortunately his dream has become a nightmare and i think his departure would be the kindest thing for all concerned.

What I'm saying is lukaku compared to say besic is two completely different scenarios.

Lukaku was a top player who to be fair was coup to get him on loan despite wanting someone else apparently. Of course he asked the club to buy him, the board finally backed a a manager for the first time to sign him. A unique opportunity for the club to sign him and hardly took a genius to work out thst he was a Brilliant player.

Compared to besic who noone had heard of playing for a team nit may had heard of and he was scouted and signed well under the radar of other clubs. Players like mori besic Galloway are 100% credit to Martinez. Besic alone I think is a top find for a manager, thst is down to him. I'm just not comparing that to signing lukaku.

Okay so there wasn't months of scouting involved but I still think Martinez was integral to signing him... and with all due respect I'm now unsure of what you're point is/was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back