Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with that. If Moshiri flashes the cash then the new guy has to perform. Bottom half of the table will rightly not be tolerated any more. Like any manager though the new guy will get time to do it. He'll have to unpick Roberto's mess first. If he's not CL within three seasons then bye bye. If Moshiri is even more ruthless than that well good, someone at Everton needs to be.
"Roberto's mess"?????

Hold on, he's under fire because he's " underperforming" with the best squad since the 80s.

No chance mate. Whoever comes in gets judged straight away first season. The material is here and he'll have a massive transfer war chest. There is no easing in season. If he doesn't get CL first season then he's under the cosh. If the second season he's off the pace then he goes by Christmas. That's the new yardstick.

You don't get rid of a manager in the fashion we see now without giving their successor a tougher assignment than the one just sacked.

Moyes had our worst points total full stop. He got 11 seasons.

No consistency.

He then went on to finish 4th (which is better than 5th, regardless of points scored).

He had us consistently top 8 with a meagre net spend.

Roberto had a brilliant 1st season, an average second and an absolutely abject 3rd. Cup semi finals are not worthy of keeping your job. If he'd have won a cup then yes, he probably should have been allowed a summer to build, but facts are facts and we are going backwards.

That's what the whole of the football industry agreed earlier this season. It might suit you to foget that like.
Yeah lad they were drooling when we got done 4-3 at home to the mighty Stoke.

Positively creaming themselves when we contrived to chuck away a 3-1 lead in injury time at the awesome Bournemouth

The superlatives were flying when we got gubbed 3-0 at home by a cack United side.

and they could barely contain themselves when we racked up a massive 3 home wins by Christmas

You're beyond deluded

"Roberto's mess"?????

Hold on, he's under fire because he's " underperforming" with the best squad since the 80s.

No chance mate. Whoever comes in gets judged straight away first season. The material is here and he'll have a massive transfer war chest. There is no easing in season. If he doesn't get CL first season the. He's under the cosh. If the second season he's off the pace then he goes by Christmas. That's the new yardstick.

You don't get rid of a manager in the fashion we see now without giving their successor a tougher assignment than the one just sacked.
Davek do you reckon the players been underperforming this season ?

"Roberto's mess"?????

No chance mate. Whoever comes in gets judged straight away first season. The material is here and he'll have a massive transfer war chest. There is no easing in season. If he doesn't get CL first season the. He's under the cosh. If the second season he's off the pace then he goes by Christmas. That's the new yardstick.

He will by you, he won't by most reasonable Evertonians

You stamping your feet and moaning about the terrible treatment little Bobby is getting isn't going to change anything

Yeah lad they were drooling when we got done 4-3 at home to the mighty Stoke.

Positively creaming themselves when we contrived to chuck away a 3-1 lead in injury time at the awesome Bournemouth

The superlatives were flying when we got gubbed 3-0 at home by a cack United side.

and they could barely contain themselves when we racked up a massive 3 home wins by Christmas

You're beyond deluded
You are not alone in your fickleness.

This season?! Your having a laugh mate. We played better in the first half of this season than I've seen from any everton team since the 80s.

It's nonsense to say we didn't.

It's not what you do it's the way you do it...I.I.W.Y, I'd amend that to we played very well in parts...small parts...and not the parts to do with seeing games out and winning.

yeah but we had those 10 'hard' games first up...wait till we play these next 10 easier games

1st 'harder' 10 we Averaged 1.3 Pts /game
2nd 'easier 10 we Averaged 1.3 Pts / game = 26 Pts after 20 games...hardly the best football since the 80's

I have never known any poster to be so wrong about so many things in a single season. This guy is outstanding. In a strange kind of way it'll be disappointing when Martinez gets canned because Dave will disappear forever

Really? We'll see.

Martinez did a better job than ginger bollocks and his hoofball for 11 seasons, so it's up to any new manager to get right past 72 points in his first season. That's only fair given he'd have a fortune to spend.

By the way, I can't wait to see this top class manager. Some no mark like De boer no doubt.

Be careful what you wish for is the old adage, and I'm certain we'll be finding that out at our leisure in the coming season or so.

No, he is not better than Moyes. Moyes got us 4th. 72 points trophy got 5th. It is still 5th.

Martinez is on course on getting two bottom half finish in a row. He is out of his depth. He just needs to go.

Ill say one thing about RM. You can go into any game thinking we can win. Any team away from home who are better than us on paper and you genuinely don't know how it'll go. Whoever takes over needs to retain that mentality.
If you go into games attacking teams away from home you start winning and before you know it, it becomes a habit.

My mates and I used to feel like this too. But then Bournemouth away and 4 of us in the car discussing it on the way back. It's not that we expected to win (we did that day) we always expect to score ... But we always expect to concede. And the reality is since then we've always expected to concede so we've always known that 2+ goals will be required to win any game. That comes down to tactics. I think what's also seemed to change in my mind as the season has continued is an anticipation before the game that we'll probably have to score 3+ or 4+ to win games. And when we don't and we draw or lose then it's more and more frustrating.

"Roberto's mess"?????

Ha ha. Clueless. Stones and Lukaku will most likely be gone. Martinez has made minimal effort to replace any of the back line.

So any new manager straight away needs: a new keeper, a right back, probably two centrebacks (Stones replacement, Jags declining), a replacement for Barry, an upgrade for McCarthy who is painfully average. They'll need the creative midfielder that Martinez has refused to buy and last but not least a replacement for the man who has kept us in the premier league the last two seasons, Lukaku.

Whoever is coming in has a huge job to do. The backbone of the side is based on old Moyes players or young players who will probably leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back