Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This season?! Your having a laugh mate. We played better in the first half of this season than I've seen from any everton team since the 80s.

It's nonsense to say we didn't.

I honestly don't think the football we play is that entertaining. Side to side, backwards, no clue how to break down a team who sits and wants to counter.

Regardless, worst home record in 137 years. Can't defend that.

This season?! Your having a laugh mate. We played better in the first half of this season than I've seen from any everton team since the 80s.

It's nonsense to say we didn't.
you ALWAYS use halfs. 'The FIRST half of this season we were awesome to watch' and yet shipped goals for fun. And the SECOND half of the season, how were we?

No not a WUM - just a request to be furnished with an answer to the identity of the next manager that confirms we won't be looking at some no mark replacement like De Boer or Howe.

...we need a JIMMY SIRREL sort with a hairy coat, ears like kids dinghies and teeth like semi-sucked WOTSITS.

Bet you wouldn't have his portrait on yer mantle Davey...;)

download.webp

I honestly don't think the football we play is that entertaining. Side to side, backwards, no clue how to break down a team who sits and wants to counter.

Regardless, worst home record in 137 years. Can't defend that.
Moyes had our worst points total full stop. He got 11 seasons.

No consistency.

If you're funded like a CL team, guess what? You need to secure CL football. Martinez wasn't funded to that degree and nowhere near it. His successor will, so he has to get it or get out. It's very simple. The stakes got massively higher. Hound out a manager who got 5th with hardly any financial backing - then a well backed manager has to get top four. That is where we now stand.

No problem with that. If Moshiri flashes the cash then the new guy has to perform. Bottom half of the table will rightly not be tolerated any more. Like any manager though the new guy will get time to do it. He'll have to unpick Roberto's mess first. If he's not CL within three seasons then bye bye. If Moshiri is even more ruthless than that well good, someone at Everton needs to be.

Pretty sure 95% of the media are hoping we keep him and waste another season next year....the media hounded Rodgers out of Liverpool long ago, yet Martinez has had a free ride all season (even on Saturday Jeff Stelling on Sky was trying to defend him)...

Ian Doyle's piece in the Echo was pretty much saying he is gone though. If the Red Echo are sounding off, they must have been given the nod by the club as everyone knows they won't p*** on their own chips.

If you're funded like a CL team, guess what? You need to secure CL football. Martinez wasn't funded to that degree and nowhere near it. His successor will, so he has to get it or get out. It's very simple. The stakes got massively higher. Hound out a manager who got 5th with hardly any financial backing - then a well backed manager has to get top four. That is where we now stand.

28m lukaku
14m niasse
13m Mccarthy
9m funes mori
5m lone
4m del

That's over 70m. Not like he's had nothing to spend is it

Three years is a lifetime in football(other than Everton obviouslylol)we are in a worse position than we were when RM took over,anywhere else he would be history,time to go,thanks for your efforts Roberto,you are a good man but NSNO has to be brought back into the ethos of this club again(Hello Mr Mosh:))

72 points record breaking season (guess what the new manager will get if one comes in- yes, that's right, nowhere near that total)

Two semi finals in one season.

More goals scored in open play since HKI.

Added about £150M value to the squad since taking over Moyes' Dads Army squad.

Took everton from the hoofball Middle Ages to modernity.

......not bad for a fraud.

Let's see what the "top class" manager successor does with ten times more cash. I have a very strong feeling we'll look back on martinez's three seasons in charge as a period when we had a huge chance to back him and his style of play and push on.

I think our new manager might be able to get over 50 points though mate

Bobby's going, that's the long and short of it. Folk can wail and stamp their feet but that's the rub, had a go and came up short and no amount of crying will change that.

Moyes had our worst points total full stop. He got 11 seasons.

No consistency.

Moylez is gone, david. He's as relevant as your 72pts.

So come on. I want to know why 5th with 72 pts is no comparison to 4th with 61; seeing as I pointed out the difference between the 85-86 & 86-87 seasons, where we got the same amount of points but finished champions, a full 9pts clear in the latter?

Why is it no comparison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back