Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'72...72...72...72...72...'

'5 times...5 times...5 times...5 times...5 times...'

It's literally that boring mate, it's becoming as vapid as theirs, it's a stutter now... but the difference is '5 times' actually relates to something solid, whereas 72 points is essentially fog & fluff and achieved nothing...NOTHING. It's a fluked yardstick built on an inherited defence and defenders that could defend before he sucked that ability from them...

Turn it in Dave. Support him as you do but the 72 isn't the answer to every question.

Leicester have just beaten that magical total and are about to become Champions, the 72 point trophy is mickey mouse these days now a small club have just surpassed it.

Maybe you should tell everyone it's going to be Stubbs or Weir like you did last time.
De Boer and Howe are the new weir and Stubbs.

Not good enough. And if the ITKs on here are trying to pass either off as acceptable they are having a laugh.

If this manager of ours is being slaughtered and ousted then I accept nothing less than a top class manager as his replacement. If not, what a rigging nonsense exercise the whole business has been.

Ha Ha Ha Ha....the excuses are starting already.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what spending a fortune and not reaching top four would be. Look, Leicester did it didn't they???

Boots on the other foot now mate. No hiding place for failure for any new manager that comes in. None whatsoever. Either succeed or get out.

So you do know the Everton way. Now if only someone in the early days of the clubs formation had the foresight to put this in Latin somewhere to remind people who claim that successive bottom half finishes is good enough that it really really isn't.

5th spot
Two midtable finishes
Two cup semi finals

....on a midtable club level of funding. That is a decent record by any stretch of the imagination in three seasons with that spending.

A new manager has to get well in excess of that. As said, CL spot or GTF.
We where 6th when he arrived, we're now on the cusp of a second successive season in the bottom half.

That's not progress nor acceptable - welcome to the entire point of the ire about his woeful performance as Everton manager

Martinez's football in his first season was a breath of fresh air davek, last season, and this season (especially this season) apart from the odd games here and there, our football should be trialled by the medical association as a cure for insomnia.
This season?! Your having a laugh mate. We played better in the first half of this season than I've seen from any everton team since the 80s.

It's nonsense to say we didn't.

Really? We'll see.

Martinez did a better job than ginger bollocks and his hoofball for 11 seasons, so it's up to any new manager to get right past 72 points in his first season. That's only fair given he'd have a fortune to spend.

By the way, I can't wait to see this top class manager. Some no mark like De boer no doubt.

Be careful what you wish for is the old adage, and I'm certain we'll be finding that out at our leisure in the coming season or so.

Martinez has had what looks a fluke season in his " first one "

Now he's been shown for what he truely is at this level and you can't deny it.

He's a nice man and things but he can't cut it and hence hel be off ski

He hasn't had their level of funding that's why.
Dave.
I have defended and supported RM up to recent days. I do think there will be changes this summer, but, I think there may be a twist or turn in the story which may allow RM to stay if he is prepared to work with these changes. I am not filled with wild excitement at the thought of Pellegrini or Hiddink coming to Everton, but I wonder how Pellegrini and Martinez would work together.

I think RM has done so much well at the club. We have a core of young players at the club that he has assembled that offer real hope for the future.

We have an avalanche of young academy players beginning to shove their way into first team reckoning.

The manager takes credit for this.

But, he also must take the blame for some desperately poor results this season. We threw away points that we should have won. Points that , had we won them, this thread probably would not exist. But, we did lose and the manager has to take responsibility and in truth RM is not a manager overly concerned with the art of defending and every team is built on it's defence. We lost stupid points against Bournemouth(a),Norwich(a),Leicester(h),Stoke(h),Chelsea(a),Swansea(h),W Brom(h), W. Ham(h) and the manager must take responsibility for many of the points dropped.

In recent weeks, the chemistry between manager and players seems to have slipped away, the comment made by Baines tells us a lot and he certainly is not a player that causes trouble lightly.

When you keep giving away stupid goals and losing games you should win, then a manager needs to go back to basics, needs to change formations, needs to grind out results and I don't think that is RM.
The premiership is a results business, we may not like it, but that is true.
If it wasn't Mourinho would not be half as well regarded as he is.

I agree with you about the problem of finding a top class replacement. Many of those suggested certainly have questions of their own to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back