Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4OVLKQc.gif
It's not lad it's the bottom half technically... if you wanna be precise 10th and 10th only is mid table haha. I refuse to call 11th mid table in an attempt to make our position sound better for arguments sake. We are in the bottom half of the table and its disgraceful end of.

Are you for real? Your calling a new manager a failure if we don't get top 4 straight away when other teams will be as strong or stronger?

But yet you say Martinez and our season now has been ok ? Ha ha ha ha ok Dave ok your seriously taking the pee on here I'm now sure of that.
Ha Ha Ha Ha....the excuses are starting already.

Yes, that's EXACTLY what spending a fortune and not reaching top four would be. Look, Leicester did it didn't they???

Boots on the other foot now mate. No hiding place for failure for any new manager that comes in. None whatsoever. Either succeed or get out.

Top class manager. If a truly top class manager is brought in Ill be impressed. Then I'll see if they perform in the first season as well as Martinez did in his. If not then I'd withdraw any support for them.

Tbh, I'd have no dog in that fight. They wouldn't be my choice of manager anyway. But anyone advocating managerial change right now should back whomever comes in after Martinez and continue to back them to the hilt otherwise they are inconsistent and fickle....and I'll remind them of that at every turn.

Next manager spending more money than Martinez has to secure CL football straight away or they are failing. Simple as that.
But most people backed Martinez Dave, its his failings that have turned people against him, he's had 3 seasons now and we have regressed. You cannot deny that surely.

Its actually not possible for whoever comes in next to do a worse job.

We could appoint Stevie Wonder and he would do a vastly better job.
Really? We'll see.

Martinez did a better job than ginger bollocks and his hoofball for 11 seasons, so it's up to any new manager to get right past 72 points in his first season. That's only fair given he'd have a fortune to spend.

By the way, I can't wait to see this top class manager. Some no mark like De boer no doubt.

Be careful what you wish for is the old adage, and I'm certain we'll be finding that out at our leisure in the coming season or so.

Top class manager. If a truly top class manager is brought in Ill be impressed. Then I'll see if they perform in the first season as well as Martinez did in his. If not then I'd withdraw any support for them.

Tbh, I'd have no dog in that fight. They wouldn't be my choice of manager anyway. But anyone advocating managerial change right now should back whomever comes in after Martinez and continue to back them to the hilt otherwise they are inconsistent and fickle....and I'll remind them of that at every turn.

Next manager spending more money than Martinez has to secure CL football straight away or they are failing. Simple as that.

That's just bizarre - there's loyal then there's utterly inflexible. Not everyone has to stay entrenched in an opinion in spite of growing evidence to the contrary before their very eyes. Believing that things are that black and white is not a outlook that is conducive to being right about football.

It's a shame because you seem very coherent and intelligent - anchoring yourself to this corner and defending the ridiculous for the sake of it is a shame. He's taken us backwards and people are asking for a change because they are loyal to the club - not one man's philosophy which he has failed to implement here.

Really? We'll see.

Martinez did a better job than ginger bollocks and his hoofball for 11 seasons, so it's up to any new manager to get right past 72 points in his first season. That's only fair given he'd have a fortune to spend.

By the way, I can't wait to see this top class manager. Some no mark like De boer no doubt.

Be careful what you wish for is the old adage, and I'm certain we'll be finding that out at our leisure in the coming season or so.

Martinez did a vastly worse job than Moyes mate.

Moyes managed 4th and a Cup final, dont compare frauds with greats.

72 points record breaking season (guess what the new manager will get if one comes in- yes, that's right, nowhere near that total)

Boring....And he won't ever do it again.

Two semi finals in one season.
So? We won what? Might have won a few games on the bounce in a cup comp, so why can't he replicate that in the league? Because he's cack?!

More goals scored in open play since HKI.
Marvellous. Least home games won in a season since...well forever, innit?

Added about £150M value to the squad since taking over Moyes' Dads Army squad.
How, exactly? Don't include Stones & Barkley.

Took everton from the hoofball Middle Ages to modernity.

Technology has made the world quicker. Martinez is the antithesis of cutting-edge technology, as his football is excruciatingly slow, and as boring as your continual mistaken appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back