Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez will go elsewhere and make a massive positive impact just as he did here in his first season.

He'll win a trophy somewhere before we ever win one again. You can be sure of that.

you may very well be right, i actually think he would be perfect for such teams as valencia, villareal etc etc---but his time here is about to end. it just isnt working anymore. end of the road.

Oh, God he's claiming replacing Big Vic was a significant challenge to be overcome in a guardian interview. Spare me.

"Martínez argued he has the potential to transform and not by reinventing traditional top-eight finishers as lower-half teams. “I arrived in 2013 in a very important moment because we lost probably the most important goalscoring threat in the team with [Marouane] Fellaini and [Victor] Anichebe,” he said"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/01/everton-roberto-martinez-bournemouth-premier-league

Pathetic.

Martinez will go elsewhere and make a massive positive impact just as he did here in his first season.

He'll win a trophy somewhere before we ever win one again. You can be sure of that.

The clown will also get someone else relegated before we go down again.

Really? We'll see.

Martinez did a better job than ginger bollocks and his hoofball for 11 seasons, so it's up to any new manager to get right past 72 points in his first season. That's only fair given he'd have a fortune to spend.

By the way, I can't wait to see this top class manager. Some no mark like De boer no doubt.

Be careful what you wish for is the old adage, and I'm certain we'll be finding that out at our leisure in the coming season or so.
You really think the play under Martinez is good? Any new manager will be given an appropriate period of time to be judged on, as has Martinez.

Keep on hearing this rubbish about the spending power that Martinez hasn't had!!!!! His net spend over 3 seasons is more than Moyes had in 11 seasons.

Also he hasn't had to sell any of our stars apart from Fellani and has spent 63m in 2 seasons. Surely that should merit a higher league position than we are now?

He has had more than enough resources and as far as I'm aware the board hasn't blocked any moves for players, you have to remember that Martinez promised Bill champions league football and unfortunately for all of us, he hasn't delivered.

You are not alone in your fickleness.
Personally I'd call fickle doing one when the team where stinking the place out, and lying low after the worst derby performance in our modern history. Not re-appearing for the SF and then popping back up after we finally won a league game - our first league win in 2 entire months.

Which reminds me........the derby - any thoughts? :coffee:

He may do. Ranieri didn't win the league with Chelsea but he has done pretty much with Leicester.

It's by no means a marker as to what might have been. Nor is it a measure of a manager, sometimes it just doesn't work, so if his philosophy works elsewhere then great, it's just not working here.

Martinez 'great football' style is about 6 years out of date. Barcelona have been found out and we aren't even in their league trying to play that failed style.

The best teams now play a pressing game.

even Barcelona press when they don't have the ball. Martinez is so amateurish in terms of approach that its a joke we're still holding onto him. Like I say, put him in charge of Barcelona and they'll be unfit and playing at 70 percent of their capability 3 seasons later.

The biggest issue we now have as a club is Roberto. Unfortunately he will be a major negative in attracting quality players here for next season. Everyone now can see him for his tactical genius. Near ruination of young players and all the bile coming out of his mouth. No player in their right mind will sign for him. That's why we need to break the bank for a top manager in the Mourinho bracket. No point having money if you cannot attract the top players.

Only Everton manager in recent Emory to actually win a trophy worth mentioning. He'll be a winner again. No question.
Also only manage in recent memory to relegate a team.

But I guess that part is not helping your argument. Smith never relegated anyone, Moyes didn't, Howard didn't to my knowledge.

Only Everton manager in recent Emory to actually win a trophy worth mentioning. He'll be a winner again. No question.

2903D41700000578-0-image-m-34_1432644289929.jpg

Ill say one thing about RM. You can go into any game thinking we can win. Any team away from home who are better than us on paper and you genuinely don't know how it'll go. Whoever takes over needs to retain that mentality.
If you go into games attacking teams away from home you start winning and before you know it, it becomes a habit.

Erm you're surely not talking about current Everton? The only teams we get wins against are bottom 3 teams. Bournemouth was a very rare win against a team not in the relegation zone and I was expecting a bad result. I dono what has you looking forward to games thinking we can beat anyone. Unless you're stuck in 2013/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back