Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez will go elsewhere and make a massive positive impact just as he did here in his first season.

He'll win a trophy somewhere before we ever win one again. You can be sure of that.
Maybe he should try Dutch football I hear it's really easy. We'll have him back when he's won a few leagues there.

Erm you're surely not talking about current Everton? The only teams we get wins against are bottom 3 teams. Bournemouth was a very rare win against a team not in the relegation zone and I was expecting a bad result. I dono what has you looking forward to games thinking we can beat anyone. Unless you're stuck in 2013/14.

We Used to be able to beat anybody on any given day, now we are likely to Lose to anybody on any given day

Personally I'd call fickle doing one when the team where stinking the place out, and lying low after the worst derby performance in our modern history. Not re-appearing for the SF and then popping back up after we finally won a league game - our first league win in 2 entire months.

Which reminds me........the derby - any thoughts? :coffee:

That has been blotted out.

@davek
KQXUpEe.gif

again.

I hope whoever replaces Martinez has higher ambitions than the 4th place trophy.

I'm a bit more of a realised I hope he has ambitions of relative success. I don't give two flying ostriches what he says in the press conference I don't care if he says we be doing well to stay in the prem as long as he finishes in top 3.

How can any one say Martinez had champions league ambitions just cause he says it. How can anyone says 'he gets Everton' just cause he tells us a few things we want to hear when we were flying. Moyes got flack for having no ambition cause of the things he said. His actions proved more ambitious than what he let on.

I going of on a tangent but I'm just saying ambition can only be measured by actions.

Martinez 'great football' style is about 6 years out of date. Barcelona have been found out and we aren't even in their league trying to play that failed style.

The best teams now play a pressing game.

Pressing is more and more common but is not the answer on its own. You still need the combination of movement, pressing and ability on and off the ball. We have failed in most and only have a few players with the ability. We look a lazy team off and on the ball. Very little movement is why the back four constantly pass to and fro. It seems like only a few of our players want to try and take responsibility while the rest are just not interested or just play ultra safe. The team do not play together anymore.

He'll win a trophy somewhere before we ever win one again. You can be sure of that.
He can keep his Johnstone's Paint Trophy and parade it all he likes as that's the only trophy he'll be winning again soon.

In fact, if we stay with Martinez then it'll be either that or the Championship play-off trophy that we'd end up parading down Queens Drive.

Martinez will go elsewhere and make a massive positive impact just as he did here in his first season.

If we're dealing in hypotheticals, de Boer, Howe, even Poyet could go on to be Everton's best manager, hypothetically. Something the majority of fans can agree on is, Martinez won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back