Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure than prior to Kenwright though mate, you are describing exactly what every Everton manager had worked under the prssure and expectations of though mate ever since the days of Catterick, struggling to remember any Everton manager going 2/3 seasons without getting sacked really after performing badly
I'm not sure we ever had proper funding of everton managers in the david marsh or Johnson eras either, tbh.

Point is we defo do now and there'll be no dallying when a trigger needs pulling.

Not losing 8 league games at home and in doing so racking up our worst ever home league performance - in 138 years.

Not turning up at the pit with a tactically inept and gutless display that was a complete embarrassment.

Not shipping goals like a pub side through a complete lack of defensive drilling.

Not losing more goals in the last 15 minutes of games than ever before, through the players patently not being fit enough.

Not seeing some flute of a manager blaming the fans for his own hideous mis management

This is why it's hard to debate with the haters of Martinez on here, you completely forget anything good he's done and only bring up the bad.

You're laughing at getting to two semi finals, if we had actually won something in the last 20 years i might have laughed with you.
I'm not laughing at it, I'm still gutted that we didn't progress in either. If we had a cup run like 07/08 when we met 4 of the final league standings top 6 (baring in mind we were 5th) then fair enough. Beating Dagenham and Redbridge is as pointless as blaming The lack of financial backing instead of Martinez when you consider Barkley, Stones, Deulofeu and Lukaku cost the club £34 million but have a market value of 4 X that, yet we're stuck in 11th with all the other negative stats that are surrounding our season.

That's a mean spirited analysis of Martinez. I can't be doing with that. Let's just accept that he's our record breaking premier league point making manager and stop being churlish.

The feller put in a blistering first season. End of story.
Let's keep him forever so and forget how he was found out after his fairytale season that your still celebrating. Get out if the past.
Results business and your only as good as your last game. Glad rest of our fans have more ambition than you have and we will get someone new in so you can finally see that clean sheets win games not were we finished in a previous season before Martinez puts his real stamp on the team.

Nothing but criticism mate. If there was a serious question attached to his postings to me I'd agree with you. I won't complain though. I endure.

*holds head up high*

Thought the lad was paying you a compliment. Unless I have missed something earlier, or you mistook him for someone else.

This is why it's hard to debate with the haters of Martinez on here, you completely forget anything good he's done and only bring up the bad.

Martinez can be a good embassador but never let him get close to the first team in any way shape or form.

Just employ him to talk and promote us on tv to the world audience but never allow him to discuss anything about Football. That's how I see it

Everyone knew he was a poor defensive coach, I'm just surprised it took a year to undo the defensive work Moyes had left behind. Being churlish is to ignore the fact that Martinez's defensive record gets worse the longer he's here and the further he gets from Moyse's team.
Exactly pal. So black n white that the defensive unit he inherited was reason he did so well first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back