Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone knew he was a poor defensive coach, I'm just surprised it took a year to undo the defensive work Moyes had left behind. Being churlish is to ignore the fact that Martinez's defensive record gets worse the longer he's here and the further he gets from Moyse's team.
Moyes had zero to do with his first season here. He had that defence playing in a different way than they ever had before and they set defensive records for the season. End of story on that one.

Whatever happened in seasons two or three were as much to do with failing form of defenders and a GK well past his best as much as any problem RM brought to the situation.

Spot on that mate there's some ridiculous hysterical noise going on right now that's denying Martinez all the stuff he's brought to the table...and they do exist, as you show.

Above all he demonstrated in that first season that we can play on an equal basis with anyone in this league. He played a more arrogant game than we ever knew under Moyes and his objectives for the club were laudable. The cash wasnt available to him as it will be to his successor. The last season had great attacking football but we couldn't get the results. He is a worthy everton manager and will be seen to be so in the fullness of time. His first season performance alone assures that.

But it looks like we move on now.

Dave, how come you treat the first season differently to the second and third?

If we were 6 months into his second season then it'd be fair to put the weight into the first season. But we've had 2/3 of his tenure being poor now. I'm genuinely curious why you diminish the last 2 seasons but inflate the first?

We've all heard the phrase "one season wonder". Funny how you've played down Leicester. I bet if they finish mid table in the next two seasons you won't think of them as past champions but instead, mid table dross. So what's different with Bobby?

Moyes had zero to do with his first season here. He had that defence playing in a different way than they ever had before and they set defensive records for the season. End of story on that one.

Whatever happened in seasons two or three were as much to do with failing form of defenders and a GK well past his best as much as any problem RM brought to the situation.
Absolute rubbish. You are an idiot

Martinez can be a good embassador but never let him get close to the first team in any way shape or form.

Just employ him to talk and promote us on tv to the world audience but never allow him to discuss anything about Football. That's how I see it

What about a Bobby and Moyesy duo :D

Hang on.

So the first season had nothing to do with Moyes and everything to do with Martinez, but the second and third seasons were completely due to old Moyes players and not the fault of Martinez?

Jesus H. Christ

Martinez can be a good embassador but never let him get close to the first team in any way shape or form.

Just employ him to talk and promote us on tv to the world audience but never allow him to discuss anything about Football. That's how I see it

Whoever the communication officer is, he will lose his job to Martinez. In fact, Martinez can be another Trump with his phenomenal ability in giving speech.

Ok post the good

Ok.

Lovely bloke. Great ambassador for Everton.
Principled. Capable of great football, at times.
Can attract decent players.
Served up some of the best football in years.
The EL was hugely enjoyable.
Not afraid to play against anybody.
Seemed to get us
Work at FF apparently largely down to him, (though I aint 100% there).
When he goes, I will wish him well in his future work.

What I've just read there actually reads as Martinez takes 100% of the credit for our good form in the first season, but 0% of the blame for us being crap in the next two, and it's all down to the players. The plot has long since vacated your head hasn't it.

Absolutely no need for that response.

All I'm reading here is someone unbelievably arrogant.

I believe you've been asked today to stop speaking to people like this - you seem intent on rubbing everyone you come across up the wrong way.
I honestly can't see what I've done. I'm pilloried on here and let it go, but I get pulled up for stuff like that post to someone who's taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back