Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the lad was paying you a compliment. Unless I have missed something earlier, or you mistook him for someone else.
I respect any EFC fan who makes a principled stand no matter how much I disagree - I just feel that it is not just an RM argument which Dave is putting forward - he has always been anti BK which i agree with btw and I can go with that - if he had to sit through the matches at Goodison (or away for that matter) for the last 2 seasons he may well have a different view on RM - I don't know. Totally respect anyone who does not go to the game for whatever reason - if Dave's reason is BK then well done lad - that is my point.

....this season we were within a goal of reaching two finals.

It's ridiculous to put this season overall on a par with the second season...which was poor.
You're always within a goal of getting to a final when you reach a semi final, still means nothing though unless you win it!

BK needs to go from our club as well to ensure ambition and not just staying in the prem..is he the reason you don't go to Goodison ? Don't blame you - principled stand if that is the case
All I'm reading here is blah blah blah. Why on earth do you bother?

Hopeless.
Your exchange.

I honestly can't see what I've done. I'm pilloried on here and let it go, but I get pulled up for stuff like that post to someone who's taking the piss.
You honestly think that response was deserved?

It was not an offensive post, and you were very rude.

Ok.

Lovely bloke. Great ambassador for Everton.
Principled. Capable of great football, at times.
Can attract decent players.
Served up some of the best football in years.
The EL was hugely enjoyable.
Not afraid to play against anybody.
Seemed to get us
Work at FF apparently largely down to him, (though I aint 100% there).
When he goes, I will wish him well in his future work.

Good post pity the rest of them can't see that.

Remember when davek said it was just second season syndrome about 20 times.

lol lol

And we will get 60 points this season. 5 points off 6th. 5th = 15th.

His prediction are pretty much the opposite of the reality. But you got to respect him he never move even 20 warriors are arguing with him at the same time.

I have never known any poster to be so wrong about so many things in a single season. This guy is outstanding. In a strange kind of way it'll be disappointing when Martinez gets canned because Dave will disappear forever
Dave has been here much longer than you, why does being wrong mean he'll leave now?
Have I missed a memo which states being wrong means you get the boot?

I'm not sure we ever had proper funding of everton managers in the david marsh or Johnson eras either, tbh.

Point is we defo do now and there'll be no dallying when a trigger needs pulling.

Marsh was only their for (i think) 3 years though mate, and that was with a club icon at the helm - who rightly or wrongly still had a huge amount of credit in the bank and Johnson was the reason we are not regarded as one of the 'sky4,5,6 or whatever the number is now) and are regarded as making up the numbers in this league - woefully mismanaged us at the beggining of this 'new era' when at that time we where ne of the biggest clubs in every way in England, either of those did their job then Kenwright and the last 20+ years would have been so much different.

IF as i hope we do, we put into place a proper structure throughout the club and all employees have their targets and what is expected of them raised, then yes any new manager should have goals which don't include two 40 odd point seasons back to back and performing below where the spending says we should do for consecitve years.

End of the day mate, we both want the same thing, a succesful Everton, just right now we are coming at it from differing viewpoints, and not sounding patronising i hope but i think you are just holding onto too much baggage in terms of Kenwright and what we became under him, don't let him define what you expect of Everton mate, let the likes of Catterick and Kendall and Moores be the one who show you what Everton should always aspire towards and demand from it's managers

Last edited:

Can't wait to tell my kids about the 2015/16 season when we reached two semi finals, Lost both like but that's not the point

They won't believe you mate. Not after hearing of the record breaking 72 point season, then us being the last English team to be knocked out of Europe, then the two semi finals!! That constant string of ludicrous achievement will blow their minds.

They won't believe you mate. Not after hearing of the record breaking 72 point season, then us being the last English team to be knocked out of Europe, then the two semi finals!! That constant string of ludicrous achievement will blow their minds.

I will have to make sure there seated when I tell them about the EL adventure, I'll skip the Kiev bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back