Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, couple of days away and come back and its all blew up because Dave's back... Look disagree with him or not, I don't doubt he is a blue and wants the best (whether i agree which his outlook or not), but this thread has become a bit of an abomination the last couple of days.

We have got a win, whoop-de-do.

It was against bournemouth a team we should be beating anyways. It changes nothing.

Martinez has to go and the fact the board are allowing this to go on and putting him under a bus every press conference and match day is making it worse. I don't want to see him abused, but we as fans have every right to show our anger and understandable frustration at the lack of progress, and signs of regress.

For every 72 point trophy and FA Cup win, there is a relegation on his CV - which people conveniently forget when backing up arguments with the former. The one argument which is painfully obvious is the fact we have regressed and the signs are that we are only getting worse.

don't know why people are arguing about it it just a plain fact he isn't very good at his job .
People are entitled to have there say, myself i think the guy is a pretty awful manager who has not got a clue what to do when his tipperty tapperty passing game gets found out.

Like fudge I'm reading 40 odd pages since earlier today.

Can we have a summary thread like we do the post match thread?
Someone must read this whole thing and can just link highlights.
Nothing materially happened today
Davek fought his corner, landing lefts and rights everywhere. Snidey smells some action. Coincidently Azul piped up too. Imagine?!
40 people still think Martinez is the right one to take us forward, whereas 20 times that number see he's a busted flush.
It's all sound

Last edited:
The silence from the board is driving me and im sure it's also driving other people nuts.Just release a statement saying that he's going.Or in the worst case scenario release a statement saying that he's staying for another season.Myself and others would not like that but at least we would all have closure on the matter.

And theres all the statistics backing it too.

Nice man but Ultimately failed in his project.
true that, to loyal as well to certain players and staff,should have got somebody in to offer a different opinion , look at when Harvey stepped up or even Irvine it help both their managers move up a level, to late for that now sadly.

The silence from the board is driving me and im sure it's also driving other people nuts.Just release a statement saying that he's going.Or in the worst case scenario release a statement saying that he's staying for another season.Myself and others would not like that but at least we would all have closure on the matter.
The silence is great as far as I am concerned. When clubs do that they clearly are working on changes but don't want to do it till it suits THEM. I would imagine the end of the season will see the announcement and we will all then be waiting for the news of who our next manager will be.

Lets face it, Kenwright hasn't come out supporting Bobby and that can only be a good thing.

The silence is great as far as I am concerned. When clubs do that they clearly are working on changes but don't want to do it till it suits THEM. I would imagine the end of the season will see the announcement and we will all then be waiting for the news of who our next manager will be.

Lets face it, Kenwright hasn't come out supporting Bobby and that can only be a good thing.

Exactly this

Well, it's the morning after the day before; the day a reliable source disseminated what many here and elsewhere have been longing to hear; the day that Mr. Martinez was finally called to the boss's office to be told his services are no longer required.

Officially, however, I can't help feeling the silence of the board is deafening. Opportunities have come and gone to show a more business-like Everton that the advent of Mr. Moshiri's reign would bring, in stark contrast to that of the benign Everton model of more recent years. The short, sharp, shock treatment I, for some unearthly reason, expected still hasn't materialised. Which is worrying. Worrying in light of the recent Carragher interview with Martinez at FF. Worrying at his mention of the 'massive' pending transfer window. Worrying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lub-think-ve-got-win-losing-job.html#comments

I think it's a case of sacked at the end of the season now. Shame about the end of this season like.

All Bobby's guff about 'judge me on 3 seasons, 2 Cup semis' is so he can say that he was sacked before he could complete his project. Nice bit of compo and a chance to polish his CV on TV before he gets the boot. As several people have said, the silence from the board is deafening.

Well, it's the morning after the day before; the day a reliable source disseminated what many here and elsewhere have been longing to hear; the day that Mr. Martinez was finally called to the boss's office to be told his services are no longer required.

Officially, however, I can't help feeling the silence of the board is deafening. Opportunities have come and gone to show a more business-like Everton that the advent of Mr. Moshiri's reign would bring, in stark contrast to that of the benign Everton model of more recent years. The short, sharp, shock treatment I, for some unearthly reason, expected still hasn't materialised. Which is worrying. Worrying in light of the recent Carragher interview with Martinez at FF. Worrying at his mention of the 'massive' pending transfer window. Worrying.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lub-think-ve-got-win-losing-job.html#comments

I missed this? what "source"

By all accounts, he's made a recent return to GOT to kindly share with us. Admittedly, I haven't had time to check back to the post in which he made the disclosure, but have read the discussion on this bomb shell since.

It even prompted a couple of the mods to vouch for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back