Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone still harbouring doubts that Martinez will be with us for the summer, apart from whats been said on here, just consider that there has been no supporting statements from the board, and more critically given the public knowledge that we will have significant transfer funds available to us, no discussion nor questions as to his targets and plans for the summer, either generally or specifically.

The silence of the board is, now the defining week has passed by, actually a decent business strategy albeit unfortunate for fans and for Martinez to some extent. By not commenting it allows us to get on with the business of replacing him a little easier than would otherwise be the case.

Totally relaxed here, just can't wait for this season to be completed - I am actually looking forward to the close season in the knowledge it is going to be much more pleasant than the last few months.

5-- Baines is one of us. No he is a professional footballer whose been average to poor for 2 seasons and lost his place and went crying off to the papers.

Baines got asked a question in the tunnel after the game and answered it honestly, it's not as if he was wrong, because there is no chemistry in the side.

Baines then gets dragged in and has to apologise to Martinez, but only a few days before, Lukaku is interviewed and proceeds to whore himself to clubs all over Europe, but for some reason Martinez didn't see that as a problem, double standards methinks.

For anyone still harbouring doubts that Martinez will be with us for the summer, apart from whats been said on here, just consider that there has been no supporting statements from the board, and more critically given the public knowledge that we will have significant transfer funds available to us, no discussion nor questions as to his targets and plans for the summer, either generally or specifically.

The silence of the board is, now the defining week has passed by, actually a decent business strategy albeit unfortunate for fans and for Martinez to some extent. By not commenting it allows us to get on with the business of replacing him a little easier than would otherwise be the case.

Totally relaxed here, just can't wait for this season to be completed - I am actually looking forward to the close season in the knowledge it is going to be much more pleasant than the last few months.
From what you know mate about who we are chasing, is there any indication that the club have a preferred target? Or are in serious negotiations with one candidate or are things not that far along yet?

The silence from the board is driving me and im sure it's also driving other people nuts.Just release a statement saying that he's going.Or in the worst case scenario release a statement saying that he's staying for another season.Myself and others would not like that but at least we would all have closure on the matter.
The silence arises from the fact that board members do not read GOT and don't care what posters on this forum say.

They will make their own decision, a decision that may already be made one way or the other. They will make that decision public when they fill the time is right and this may be because of contractual issues or issues surrounding the present manager or a possible replacement.

I don't think those in power are hugely affected by the protest of groups of supporters. If they were people like Alex Ferguson and Howard Kendall would have had very different careers.

The board will be looking at how things are within the club as much as anything else.
I expect that they will be talking to a number of senior players, coaches other than the group immediately around RM.

They will know what the plan of the manager is and how far off course it is, they will look at the development of players.

They will look at the results.

They will look at season ticket sales.
They will look at who the possible replacements may be, how much it would cost in total to sack one manager and his coaches and then hire another group.

I think a group of protestors after the Bournemouth game may be a consideration but certainly not a major one.

Cheers esk, people are just impatient. The season was a dead duck as soon as martial slotted (for me it was months before) and folk just want an immediate reaction.

I don't want guy anywhere near this club next season and I know that come the summer he'll have his marching orders.

The silence arises from the fact that board members do not read GOT and don't care what posters on this forum say.

They will make their own decision, a decision that may already be made one way or the other. They will make that decision public when they fill the time is right and this may be because of contractual issues or issues surrounding the present manager or a possible replacement.

I don't think those in power are hugely affected by the protest of groups of supporters. If they were people like Alex Ferguson and Howard Kendall would have had very different careers.

The board will be looking at how things are within the club as much as anything else.
I expect that they will be talking to a number of senior players, coaches other than the group immediately around RM.

They will know what the plan of the manager is and how far off course it is, they will look at the development of players.

They will look at the results.

They will look at season ticket sales.
They will look at who the possible replacements may be, how much it would cost in total to sack one manager and his coaches and then hire another group.

I think a group of protestors after the Bournemouth game may be a consideration but certainly not a major one.

How very dare you be so sensible!?

Nah, that's a good post I reckon.

Baines got asked a question in the tunnel after the game and answered it honestly, it's not as if he was wrong, because there is no chemistry in the side.

Baines then gets dragged in and has to apologise to Martinez, but only a few days before, Lukaku is interviewed and proceeds to tout himself to clubs all over Europe, but for some reason Martinez didn't see that as a problem, double standards methinks.
Martinez understands the difference between the two of them so one he can drop and replace, the other he can't.

almost like he is trying to force control onto the sqaud without making it obvious he can only target certain players in doing so. Notice how the players who are singled out are the ones who can be dropped easily? I'm sure the fans would ask questions if kone randomly started over lukaku last month lol

Martinez understands the difference between the two of them so one he can drop and replace, the other he can't.

almost like he is trying to force control onto the sqaud without making it obvious he can only target certain players in doing so. Notice how the players who are singled out are the ones who can be dropped easily? I'm sure the fans would ask questions if kone randomly started over lukaku last month lol

Good shout mate.

4-- The home form is terrible. Since when does this matter if the away form is fine and pretty much mirrors whe budget of the squad in terms of league position?

It always matters.

Around about 38,000 people pay their money to watch each home game so they are going to judge the team and the manager based on what they see before their very eyes.

And the home results this season have been, apparently, the worst in Everton history.

It is just plain ridiculous to suggest those results and this fact don't "matter", Zat.

By saying that you undermine the other good points you make in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back