Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we've seen with Martinez during his 3 season tenure with us is a perfect example of 'regression to the mean'. His first season here was a spurious variable when compared to the rest of his entire 7 year Premier League managerial career, even in relative terms considering he even took Wigan backwards when based on league performances in his time there. Apart from this spike in 2013/2014 I have seen absolutely nothing in his managerial career that makes me think he is the man to take Everton Football Club forward. Absolutely nothing.

Everyone talking about money being the key factor in a title bid...

Haven't we just seen Leicester win it with organisation and spirit the main factors?

They aren't exactly the big spenders.

Leicester have turned the received wisdom of what it takes to win the EPL upside down.

They have smashed right through the "glass ceiling" and clubs like Everton, Spurs or Liverpool no longer have that screen to hide behind when questions are asked as to why they have never been crowned champions in the EPL era.

It always matters.

Around about 38,000 people pay their money to watch each home game so they are going to judge the team and the manager based on what they see before their very eyes.

And the home results this season have been, apparently, the worst in Everton history.

It is just plain ridiculous to suggest those results and this fact don't "matter", Zat.

By saying that you undermine the other good points you make in that post.

Well, hypothetically if we won every game away and drew every game at home 0-0 and got 76pts i think there would be many people complaining because of the home record yet we would have a fantastic overall total.

The beginning of the end.

It's everywhere now.

To 90+% of Evertonians, not long now. Not long, thank our board for that and the Echo for lying.

come on mate get onto it will you??

Looks like it was gleaned from the Everton forum. Apologies.

It would appear that the source was Blueboy99 an alias of former poster Bluefox, according to other esteemed members.

Apologies for delayed response.

Jonte

Well, hypothetically if we won every game away and drew every game at home 0-0 and got 76pts i think there would be many people complaining because of the home record yet we would have a fantastic overall total.
Different scenario mate.

Right now the fans who pay to go every week are seeing the team lose far too many games. they would happily watch a draw every week there if we were winning away all season to balance it out over 38 games, it is the fac tthat they constantly see us getting beat there that it becomes an issue.

Essentially, for your what? 500-700 pound this season, you have witnessed the worst home performance in the clubs history. Is that rewarding fans who actually pay their money?

Different scenario mate.

Right now the fans who pay to go every week are seeing the team lose far too many games. they would happily watch a draw every week there if we were winning away all season to balance it out over 38 games, it is the fac tthat they constantly see us getting beat there that it becomes an issue.

Essentially, for your what? 500-700 pound this season, you have witnessed the worst home performance in the clubs history. Is that rewarding fans who actually pay their money?

Think it would be the same myself if we were drawing each game 0-0 and got 19pts at home.

Oh yes, I never thought of that.

Yay, Bobby.......we don't need to win no steenkeen home games :dance:

Just sit tight, draw them all without a goal being scored at the Park all season, win all the away games and we are sorted ;)

This time next year we will all be singing "Hand it over, Claudio...." :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back