Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15th/16th would appear to be Martinez date with destiny then. That will do fine. Saying "at the end of the season" makes it feel like its ages away. I'm sure the majority of us will be happy to wait until then to bring this whole sorry period to an end and begin again with fresh optimism. Really excited and waiting to see the first signs of a new direction under Moshiri, I have had enough of negativity surrounding Everton. We can and will do much much better with the right people in place.

even utn didnt sack moyes until mathmatically impossible to qualify for champs league, have no problem waiting till end of season, nothing at stake..be throwing money away for nothing

Well, hypothetically if we won every game away and drew every game at home 0-0 and got 76pts i think there would be many people complaining because of the home record yet we would have a fantastic overall total.

Oh yes, I never thought of that.

Yay, Bobby.......we don't need to win no steenkeen home games :dance:

Just sit tight, draw them all without a goal being scored at the Park all season, win all the away games and we are sorted ;)

This time next year we will all be singing "Hand it over, Claudio...." :blush:

But knowing our luck the pond life across the park would secure 77 points and the title would be returning to its supposedly rightful home
(afterall next season is their season).

We would just be left with the 76 point trophy to replace the much lauded 72 point trophy - I can think of someone that would be happy with that!

Those who still back him surely haven't sat through the humiliation served up over and over again at Goodison this season?

It's a lot easier to be forgiving when you're sitting behind your free laptop stream for an hour and a half than when you've shelled out for your match ticket and sacrificed a major part of your weekend just to be hugely frustrated.

Those who still back him surely haven't sat through the humiliation served up over and over again at Goodison this season?

It's a lot easier to be forgiving when you're sitting behind your free laptop stream for an hour and a half than when you've shelled out for your match ticket and sacrificed a major part of your weekend just to be hugely frustrated.

I sort of get your point mate but would offer an opinion that it is not quite as simple as that. Personally I wanted him gone after the Derby - but I only get to Goodison about 2 or 3 times a year, the rest of the time glued to some sort of device streaming some form of coverage.

The fact that most of my support has been long distance for many years is largely out of my control and down to a careeer choice I made but it in no way diminishes the pain and frustration that I have felt throughout this season.

I applaud and I'm jealous of anyone in a postion to be there week in week out but would just remind people to not underestimate the passion and commitment of those that can't be there.

Bloody Ell ! So Davek is on the Board!!
No mate, he's on the crack.
Just to use these posts as an example (so don't take this personally folks), if you wish to see a certain member stop pressing a point, perhaps stop this sort of thing too?

Goading will only end in one way and while a lot of you are complaining about Davek, some of you are being just as bad with this sort of thing.

I sort of get your point mate but would offer an opinion that it is not quite as simple as that. Personally I wanted him gone after the Derby - but I only get to Goodison about 2 or 3 times a year, the rest of the time glued to some sort of device streaming some form of coverage.

The fact that most of my support has been long distance for many years is largely out of my control and down to a careeer choice I made but it in no way diminishes the pain and frustration that I have felt throughout this season.

I applaud and I'm jealous of anyone in a postion to be there week in week out but would just remind people to not underestimate the passion and commitment of those that can't be there.
Don't get me wrong mate I'm not having a go for people not going, I understand there are all kinds of restrictions for why they can't through location/financial/family etc.

I just think if you've sat through the absolute dirt we've seen every other week, we've got every right to say enough is enough. It's boring and the atmosphere is either completely flat or just downright angry. I'd say the exceptions being City at home in the cup and West Ham before Martinez blew his beans.

It's a big sacrifice especially when you incorporate travel, food, kids etc all into it. Yes, going the game is a choice and you can say don't go then. But it's not that easy, throughout my life I've sat through absolute dross and I'm still here. Don't know why but I keep coming back.

Hope that helps.

Jonte
Not really I'm not convinced. Has "blueboy99" actually said he's bluefox or is that just somebody's assumption?

Got to be honest, their posting styles are nothing alike, not even close to bluefox and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that remembers foxy very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back