Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Terrible" - midtable finishes and two cup semi finals do NOT constitute the description "terrible".

This ^^^^ by the way is why I now Insist on calling any Martinez successor who has cash to spend a failure if he doesn't get us a CL spot or a cup in his first season.

These standards are with us now, and if people are applying harsh ones to Martinez to get him sacked you can be sure I and others will be holding the next fellers feet to the fire if he falls short having spent ten times more than Roberto.

The new rules are in place and there's no going back now.

Change everton managers quickly from now on until we get a manager who gets success. That is the way forward.

Insist away mate, knock yourself out, take a number and get in line with all the other deniers from doubting thomas & Canute onwards

talking complete dogger, fisher, german bight, now.

"I'll Thcream and Thcream till i'm Thick", lisped Violet Elizabeth Bott to William

It's all a wind up really isn't mate? and at the end of the season you'll then come clean and oh how we'll chortle at such a jolly jape.

Just had a push message type thing off the Club and seen a Tweet about the season ticket renewal deadline at midnight.

It was interesting to see the instant abuse thrown straight back at the club and the amount of people telling them to shove it based on the lack of action around the manager.

Pretty sad state of affairs that surely could have been avoided.

Simeone has a huge game against Bayern this evening, and he said that he is "Only interested in winning".

This is a perfect example of what Martinez is missing. He's too busy telling Carragher about the 650 passes his teams make each match, when Simeone plays whatever way it takes to win.

I love to watch entertaining football but under Martinez, we lack the ruthlessness required for success.

That's one reason that although the likes of De Boer haven't done anything outside their own leagues, he's a born winner and I'd prefer him over Bobby.

Whatever it is, it's totally tedious ; as is those who call him on it .

Ruining this thread massively.

Don't see at all how any one persons comments are 'ruining the thread'...in fact this thread would be very boring without Daves comments, which at least solicit responses. Most of the anti Martinez stuff is the same , basically saying little more than 'he's not good enough'. Anyone who thinks that a forum is simply a vehicle for the majority viewpoint and any counter argument is 'tedious' needs to think again. No point if everyone agrees with each other !!

Last edited:

At least one board member reads selected threads on GOT.
Esk.
I am not doubting what you say. I am certain that you are right.

I was trying to show that a decision of the size and importance will not be taken lightly.
Consideration will be given to so many factors apart from just results alone.
There will be a huge amount of knowledge and information available to them from within the
club that the ordinary fan will not know about all.

I think that on top of all this there will be a feeling from within about the way the club stands, to use a phrase that our manager might use " is it in a good moment of time".

I don't think all of this is being done in a vacuum. I guess that RM is pretty well aware of what has been happening and is involved in discussions about the future of manager and club.

I would expect that the possibility of him having some future at the club has been suggested , I say this because I think Bill Kenwright is loyal and holds RM in high regard and we know how innovative Bill has been in the past.

Ultimately , it really depends on who the next manager would be.
Mourinho would be a complete game changer, a name that would have us talked about on SKY in a totally different way.
Many of the other names mentioned have question marks about them in my opinon and a few are heading into the autumn of their careers.

I don't care how it is dressed up but the appointment of a Pellegrini or Hiddink will be met with polite approval at best.
The appointment of the German manager Low would be a huge gamble. Some of the other names are untried at the level that our new ambition demands.

Esk.
I am not doubting what you say. I am certain that you are right.

I was trying to show that a decision of the size and importance will not be taken lightly.
Consideration will be given to so many factors apart from just results alone.
There will be a huge amount of knowledge and information available to them from within the
club that the ordinary fan will not know about all.

I think that on top of all this there will be a feeling from within about the way the club stands, to use a phrase that our manager might use " is it in a good moment of time".

I don't think all of this is being done in a vacuum. I guess that RM is pretty well aware of what has been happening and is involved in discussions about the future of manager and club.

I would expect that the possibility of him having some future at the club has been suggested , I say this because I think Bill Kenwright is loyal and holds RM in high regard and we know how innovative Bill has been in the past.

Ultimately , it really depends on who the next manager would be.
Mourinho would be a complete game changer, a name that would have us talked about on SKY in a totally different way.
Many of the other names mentioned have question marks about them in my opinon and a few are heading into the autumn of their careers.

I don't care how it is dressed up but the appointment of a Pellegrini or Hiddink will be met with polite approval at best.
The appointment of the German manager Low would be a huge gamble. Some of the other names are untried at the level that our new ambition demands.

Sorry mate, I thought your post was an excellent post, the only bit I was disagreeing with was whether anyone looks at social media and GOT in particular.

No disagreement with what you have written ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back