Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All he would need to do would be to get a top defensive coach to counteract this as well

If he did that, I'd be willing to see him get a fourth season

As it is, he won't, so he has to go

Sad times, I would have loved it to work out for him here

God no, theres no way I can listen to him talking bolloxs any longer, this season cant end quick enough for me.

Until he gets sacked I do not support Everton.

The funny thing is we were after Yarmalenko.

give him messi and we would still lose. The team literally try to get beat. Even on saturday, pointed it out during the game that we played until we scored, then like magic bournemouth got time and space to attack us and none of the team responded. Yet the 10 minutes before that we were attacking them and looking much better.

So the question is, what the hell is the manager telling the team to do if they go from outplaying bournemouth to not even competing with them just because we scored? We weren't even defending against them considering the chances they had!

Proper managers don't need to hire defensive coaches to help them stop being gash.

Proper managers realise football is about with the ball and without it, and set their teams up accordingly to maximise their effectiveness in both aspects.

There's a great thread on here about Brian Clough and Peter Taylor

I'd happily say that Clough was a great manager, but he didn't win half as much on his own as he did when he had Taylor helping him out

There's no perfect manager out there, they all have flaws

Even Ferguson leaned on men like Brian Kidd and Carlos Queroz

You can be a good manager and still have a blind spot

It's how you deal with that blind spot that decides whether you're a success or not

I'd happily say that Clough was a great manager, but he didn't win half as much on his own as he did when he had Taylor helping him out

It's how you deal with that blind spot that decides whether you're a success or not

Good point @Mikey_Fitzgerald

Although, Ferguson was a complete one-off and I don't for a minute think that that guy didn't know how to set his team out

Good point @Mikey_Fitzgerald

Although, Ferguson was a complete one-off and I don't for a minute think that that guy didn't know how to set his team out

Apparently, he was terrible at actually coaching. I can't remember if it was Keane who said he couldn't even lay out cones

However, he was smart to surround himself with people who were good at things he wasn't particularly strong at

That's why he's one of the best managers in history, he knew how to delegate

Martinez doesn't, either because he's too stubborn to get help or he doesn't realise he needs it

Yes all managers need help at times. But Martinez doesn't just need a defensive minded assistant, he needs a bloody tutor when it comes to defending. Good managers don't have the Martinez mindset. No amount of defensive coaches will change his ideas on style and set up.

Yes all managers need help at times. But Martinez doesn't just need a defensive minded assistant, he needs a bloody tutor when it comes to defending. Good managers don't have the Martinez mindset. No amount of defensive coaches will change his ideas on style and set up.

I disagree

I don't think he's that much worse at organising a defence than, say, Arsene Wenger

Difference is that Arsene Wenger has Steve Bould

Martinez doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back