Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree

I don't think he's that much worse at organising a defence than, say, Arsene Wenger

Difference is that Arsene Wenger has Steve Bould

Martinez doesn't
I think the difference between martinez and wenger is that wenger has at least got some sort of winning mentality there. He can motivate players to keep going, its clearly just his lack of pressure from above that makes them falter over the season. None of them have any pressure on them to truly perform, neither has wenger as long as he gets top 4.

Compare that to martinez and he just has one way of doing things. It isn't learned over time, it isn't developed and it certainly isn't proven. It is one way he wants to play the game, and it of course, doesn't work.

the funny thing is, people keeping giving him contracts and paying him money to keep doing it so why should he really change?

terraneo-2-15-06-09,fRmYgbZB8E62N2U7-KR2eQ.jpg

I disagree

I don't think he's that much worse at organising a defence than, say, Arsene Wenger

Martinez doesn't
Would that be the same Arsene Wenger who built a side that went an entire season unbeaten mate?

Wenger is his prime was in another stratosphere to Martinez.

They share one common trait though - being pig headed

I disagree

Martinez doesn't
So Martinez needs to go out and find a Steve Bould, he won't as he is stubborn. Can't believe that people are still defending him.

That Lawrence bloke with his Wrexham credentials is a joke.

As some have mentioned, with the new owner and new funds, lets move away from recruiting from Wigan and Preston and start aiming for managers with decent experience of winning things.

Start with a list with the best manager at the top i.e. Mourinho. If he says 'no' move onto number 2 and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back