Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who still back him surely haven't sat through the humiliation served up over and over again at Goodison this season?

It's a lot easier to be forgiving when you're sitting behind your free laptop stream for an hour and a half than when you've shelled out for your match ticket and sacrificed a major part of your weekend just to be hugely frustrated.

Rather go to the game than wake up at 2am or 3am and take a taxi to a 24 hour sports bar for midweek games then attempt to get a taxi home at 5am or 6am. All while either sat alone in an empty bar or with the girlfriend in tow bored out of her wits.

Think its debatable really what different fans sacrifice to watch Everton.

if defending were his only flaw then looking for a solution would be a good thing BUT its not... he cannot motivate the players or the fans, he is my way or the highway, stubborn to a fault perhaps because he has no plan B as his ego refuses to allow him to believe his Plan A is not working. Players that disagree are sent away. He plays players out of position all the time, doesnt seem to know how to set a teaam out to win. Does not get the best out of players. he has no real encouragement for the kids coming up other than to proclaim them phenomenal even when they are not. The tunnel webcam from the weekend was very revealing. And he talks shoite all the time.

Indeed. We should refrain from any simplistic narrative of Martinez being a possession-based attacking coach with defensive naivety as it simply doesn't add up:

Last season: joint seventh highest scorers and eighth highest possession
This season: joint seventh highest scorers and tenth highest possession

The notion that Martinez has some kind of flawed philosophy is an absolute fallacy.

Moyes and Martinez are the Lennon and McCartney of Everton managers. Ones’ strength is the others weakness and vice visa. Their philosophies and coaching methods blended together perfectly in 2013/14, that was Revolver. Everything since has been a patchy, inconsistant mess with the the occasional flash of brilliance… basically every McCartney album since 1970.

Moyes and Martinez are the Lennon and McCartney of Everton managers. Ones’ strength is the others weakness and vice visa. Their philosophies and coaching methods blended together perfectly in 2013/14, that was Revolver. Everything since has been a patchy, inconsistant mess with the the occasional flash of brilliance… basically every McCartney album since 1970.

Does that mean if we get moyes back we will have a cracking season next year?

Then swap them out every year for guaranteed success

Arsene Wenger is a billion times better at every aspect of managing than Roberto Martinez.
That really is nonsense and a result of the hysteria on here of late.

There is a lot that RM does that is very good, however as been pointed out he has an Achilles heel over defending and will probably lose his job over that flaw.

He has already won the FA cup with Wigan and been to two cup semifinals this season.
How would Arsene Wenger have done if in the last four years he had managed Wigan and Everton ?
As I understand it there are protests at Arsenal demanding that Wenger leaves as well. Wenger has done well, but in spite of having huge resources available to him he has failed in the last eight years to deliver the two trophies Arsenal really want , CL and Premiership.

I know we've had Kenwright wax lyrical over Martinez, but the general lack of formal assurance from Everton's boardroom could be telling.

Never comment on speculation is probably the route most organisations go down.
The fact there has been no comment ,for me, is neither here not there

Seriously, the joke's on you if you think a certain amount of points & GD gets you a certain position. Stick to baseball hitting stats, because it appears obvious you know little about football.

This whole argument that points are better than league positions is total cack. We held the record top-flight points accumulated, we have scored the most top flight goals - but we don't have 20 league titles, do we?
I know more about football than your reading comprehension level and ability to make a logical comparison.

Never comment on speculation is probably the route most organisations go down.
The fact there has been no comment ,for me, is neither here not there

It wouldn't be a response to speculation.

It would be a response to sizable protests and an effort to ease some pressure on the manager.

Exceptional (for a club like Everton) protests is another. When is the last time we've had fans stay behind after a game?

The club know now whether Martinez is here this season, or next. If he was still here, I suspect we'd have heard something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back