Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

what point would that be ?
Perhaps we need to let Arsenal know that they need to come out and comment on the Wenger protests ?

The point about communication between the club and the fans is the key point to take away from that piece in my opinion and the most valid.

Whether it is regarding the manager, investment, ground move, kits, badges, etc etc etc - we tend to be pretty poor at it.

As for Arsenal - I couldnt give a flying one as to what they do or how they do it.

If I recall correctly Michael Ball played footy and was not a Burnham lecturer in English Literature so I wouldnt hold out for any finely crafted prose to flow from his pen or for a deep Shakespearean moment for you when having to read something attributed to him. But it doesnt mean that there can not be some validity to what is there.

Once again because you still don't get it and didn't read my full post - what I said was 4th IS better than 5th and would always take 4th place over 5th if you are looking at the same year. But that the fifth place season COULD be considered a better accomplishment than the fourth because the team performed better by almost every metric in relation to Everton in the fourth place year. The league in the fourth place year was not as balanced or difficult because of the influx of money had not really started yet. For example man city in the fourth place year was not oil money man city (2008). Hence one less big spending team to complete against than in the 5th place season. You're right. I am clueless about football, the makeup of the premier league finances, how that can impact competition, and the ability to make a logical argument.

Simply, m'friend, it cannot ever be considered better....because it's one more than in a league based on points and positioning.

5th = 4 better teams than.

4th = 3 better teams than ergo a better performance over the course of a season.

People need to abandon the 72...yes, it was a fancy total...did it achieve much? Not really.

It's 5th...and 5th, as a wise man has stated on this very forum, is pretty much the same as 15th.

Hmmmm....

Besides, I don't want fourth either...I want 1st....;)

Mate, not every blue can get to games for many reasons, doesn't make them lesser blues or have less valid opinions.

Completely agree, but if we ignore the tone of his post I think there is a valid point there.

Personally, if I have to miss a match for whatever reason, the joy/frustration come and go a lot quicker compared to when I'm there. Also, when you're at the match you pick up on a lot more little things that go on. It could mean that some blues who cannot go as often are more inclined to be patient.

Anyway I'm not sure it makes a big difference in the grand scheme of things, especially when over 93% voted out. But it is an interesting thought.

Once again because you still don't get it and didn't read my full post - what I said was 4th IS better than 5th and would always take 4th place over 5th if you are looking at the same year. But that the fifth place season COULD be considered a better accomplishment than the fourth because the team performed better by almost every metric in relation to Everton in the fourth place year. The league in the fourth place year was not as balanced or difficult because of the influx of money had not really started yet. For example man city in the fourth place year was not oil money man city (2008). Hence one less big spending team to complete against than in the 5th place season. You're right. I am clueless about football, the makeup of the premier league finances, how that can impact competition, and the ability to make a logical argument.

Don't bring finances into it, they're irrelevant. Leicester have just won the league without spending inordinate sums of money.

Their points total won them the league this year - in other seasons it wouldn't have done.

Are they arsed about how many points it took? I seriously doubt it. What matters is their final position.

It wouldn't be a response to speculation.

It would be a response to sizable protests and an effort to ease some pressure on the manager.

Exceptional (for a club like Everton) protests is another. When is the last time we've had fans stay behind after a game?

The club know now whether Martinez is here this season, or next. If he was still here, I suspect we'd have heard something.
In the normal course you would have expected some comment after the semi final, even if only to compliment the fans.
The silence since then is indicative that something is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back