Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he stays then for the first time ever my interest for next season will be zero, and that thought is killing me, especially reading the Galloway thread where he has supposed to have said he is defo staying

If he stays then for the first time ever my interest for next season will be zero, and that thought is killing me, especially reading the Galloway thread where he has supposed to have said he is defo staying

I'd take the Galloway chat to mean something more along the lines of they dont know anything more than we do as opposed to he is defo staying.

just read the echo article claiming that Martinez is being bullied. What a load of old ****!
I notice there is no blame at the board for leaving Martinez in this position when there have been clear signs of fan unrest.
As charming a chap as he may be he is an awful manager and he is getting abuse now because the club failed to act when they should have but it's fine... he's a human being after all!
He gets paid to manage the squad and all of the pressures that come with that, as well as the huge financial rewards. If he can't deal with that then tough

Insist away mate, knock yourself out, take a number and get in line with all the other deniers from doubting thomas & Canute onwards

talking complete dogger, fisher, german bight, now.

"I'll Thcream and Thcream till i'm Thick", lisped Violet Elizabeth Bott to William

It's all a wind up really isn't mate? and at the end of the season you'll then come clean and oh how we'll chortle at such a jolly jape.
Canute tried to turn the tide, to prove he wasn't as powerful as others believed him to be. He was no Martinez like.

English teams knocked out the Spanish, German & Italian champions that year In the Champions league and we finished above the very team that won it. The year after England had a team in the final, the year after England 3/4 semi finalists & again the year after that which led to an all English final.

To say it's harder now to get into the top 4 than back then is a bit of a stretch. The other 16 might have more quality now but the top 4 back then were consistently some of the best sides in Europe. It took a monumental achievement to break that up.

Ah yeah - but it only took 61 pts to do it, so it doesn't really count. Would've been more meaningful if it'd took 72pts. :coffee:

just read the echo article claiming that Martinez is being bullied.

It is a bit of a ridiculous claim !

I wish someone would bully me for a couple of million quid a year!

Mind you – I’d probably let someone bully me for a couple of quid towards the end of the month and if it was all done in the best possible taste. I’d have to choose the safe word though.

Anyone up for an early preview copy of 50 shades of billytoffee?

Don't bring finances into it, they're irrelevant. Leicester have just won the league without spending inordinate sums of money.

Their points total won them the league this year - in other seasons it wouldn't have done.

Are they arsed about how many points it took? I seriously doubt it. What matters is their final position.

Let's call it an anomaly:

Chh5qj7WkAAt-Jv.jpg:large

It is a bit of a ridiculous claim !

I wish someone would bully me for a couple of million quid a year!

Mind you – I’d probably let someone bully me for a couple of quid towards the end of the month and if it was all done in the best possible taste. I’d have to choose the safe word though.

Anyone up for an early preview copy of 50 shades of billytoffee?
Laminated pages ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back