Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long would you give Martinez dave, at what point would you say enough is enough ?.........
Give him Moshiri level funding and if we're not near his first season form and points total or haven't won a cup get rid.

The thing is that this manager is being vilified as hopeless - and he has our best PL season record and had us in two cup semis???in three seasons. You and I both know that if it was still the old board Martinez would be safe. But he's being judged on the Moshiri millions waiting in the wings and the impatience of many blues who are under the impression that Jose is on his way! It's nuts

What's happened to you? The whole footballing community thought what Baines said was right and that it was, in fact Martinez who was out of order for making him apologise and then going public with it.

You're so angry it's clouded your posting quality.

But the silly thing is you're not even angry with Evertons season, just anyone who questions the guy in charge.
I don't like disloyalty and I don't like snide behaviour.

Last edited:
I find Baines' actions in particular appalling. Beyond a shadow of a doubt for me he spun a line in the media deadset against the way this manager operated and I'd guess it was all to do with his penalties being taken off him. Instead of standing up for himself and requesting he continue taking them he just sulked and developed a grudge. And for all his talk in the press about match management he never once took responsibility as a senior player to get some organisation together and resistance to defensive frailties in games.

I'll never forgive him and I want him out of Everton ASAP.
Baines has done a hell of a lot more for Everton than Martinez has.

Give him Moshiri level funding and if we're not near his first season form and points total or haven't won a cup get rid.

The thing is that this manager is being vilified as hopeless - and he has our best PL season record and had us in two cup semis???in three seasons. You and I both know that if it was still the old board Martinez would be safe. But he's being judged on the Moshiri millions waiting in the wings and the impatience of many blues who are under the impression that Jose is on his way! It's nuts

Is that not the problem? The same board that have delivered zero trophies. You're basing your argument on a board (that you have criticised hugely) being ok with mediocrity. You are picking and choosing here.

Leighton Baines one of the finest LB that has ever played for us.

Yeah, unsubstantiated criticism of him and Jags knocks me for one actually. In their peak either player could have played for most of the top clubs especially Baines who was one of the best full backs in Europe. They stayed however and have given us a decade of remarkably consistent performance. They dare to even hint at collective underperformance and some fans want them out of Everton. That sticks in the throat that does.

Ok davek

Is that not the problem? The same board that have delivered zero trophies. You're basing your argument on a board (that you have criticised hugely) being ok with mediocrity. You are picking and choosing here.
Nope. I don't support Kenwright I support this managers record on a budget that his successor would never be able to do anything with, least of all get a record making season.

Mark my words, whoever follows Martinez will spend a kings ransom and still not get near the performance and results of his first season here. You can almost guarantee that. And if that comes to pass well see how many are still left calling out this manager as hopeless.

How many seasons has Baines been here?

Done nothing in the game. Not one thing. He'll be known after he retires for taking a few free kicks and his love of rubbish neo-punk bands. That's it. Loads in the bank account, nothing in the medals case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back