Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I don't support Kenwright I support this managers record on a budget that his successor would never be able to do anything with, least of all get a record making season.

Mark my words, whoever follows Martinez will spend a kings ransom and still not get near the performance and results of his first season here. You can almost guarantee that. And if that comes to pass well see how many are still left calling out this manager as hopeless.
But you also don't support Everton, as you support Roberto Martinez FC.

Anyway, mark my words - Martinez could spend a king's ransom and be unable to replicate his own first season here. That's how inept he is.

This argument about Everton having the 9th biggest budget which justifies Martinez's poor performance. Laughable. How much talent has he had to work with? What is the value of this squad? He has lost the dressing room and the fans. He has failed; end of.
This is not a time for wumming and in fact I find it offensive at this point. The position we are in with this manager is no laughing matter.

It's a bit of a gamble giving him the money when we are looking mediocre against all but the league's worst teams.

I bet the rs regret giving Brenda the money he had.
Martinez has a good record in the transfer market. Something widely acknowledged....mind you given the recent irrational outburts even that is probably denied by the bed sheet mafia.

That's fine. But it follows that anyone being backed with a lot more cash than Martinez has been will have failed if they don't get near that total themselves. And if they don't get success in two seasons then they go.

The everton metabolism will increase dramatically if Martinez is sacked and his successor is backed to the hilt - these are the consequences. Prepare for them.

I would want to see steady progress, not steady regression.

I certainly wouldnt lob a random points total or league position in to it. Although I accept others will. I judged Martinez on his body of work. I will do the same with any replacement.

Not by me he isnt. Cant speak for others mind.
With respect though to those who are judging him with heightened expectations, the question remains: what have we done to justify 4th and above? People keep suggesting "Everton, aren't we" but we have been THAT Everton since the late 80s.

Does seem like people are pretending we are City before a penny has even been spent.

How many seasons has Baines been here?

Done nothing in the game. Not one thing. He'll be known after he retires for taking a few free kicks and his love of rubbish neo-punk bands. That's it. Loads in the bank account, nothing in the medals case.

Any point in you supporting the team?

This argument about Everton having the 9th biggest budget which justifies Martinez's poor performance. Laughable. How much talent has he had to work with? What is the value of this squad? He has lost the dressing room and the fans. He has failed; end of.
This is not a time for wumming and in fact I find it offensive at this point. The position we are in with this manager is no laughing matter.
He built that squad up out of nothing. Do you think squads just materialise out of the ether?

Yeah he's failed has he? I tell you what, I hope the next manager fails as badly as him and we might get beyond 60 odd points in a season again.

Martinez's record points tally will not be beaten for a decade. You can bank on that. No matter how much cash is thrown at the new flavour of the month manager they get in.

Martinez has a good record in the transfer market. Something widely acknowledged....mind you given the recent irrational outburts even that is probably denied by the bed sheet mafia.
He's done well in the transfer market, but he's also had loads more money in the last 2 years than Moyes ever had in 11 altogether. This is irrelevant to any discussion, but you like to bring it up so here you go. Also his net spend is pretty woeful, and he just spent £13.5m on a player he can't even get fit (despite being a physio) and doesn't even play when he can.

But you also don't support Everton, as you support Roberto Martinez FC.

Anyway, mark my words - Martinez could spend a king's ransom and be unable to replicate his own first season here. That's how inept he is.
Ha Ha. Read that back to yourself mate.

Yes, he is a decent judge of a player. Every manager has hits and misses, certainly not a stick to beat him with imo.

He built that squad up out of nothing. Do you think squads just materialise out of the ether?

Yeah he's failed has he? I tell you what, I hope the next manager fails as badly as him and we might get beyond 60 odd points in a season again.

Martinez's record points tally will not be beaten for a decade. You can bank on that. No matter how much cash is thrown at the new flavour of the month manager they get in.

Thankfully the new manager only has to beat 50 points to retain his job.

I mean he wont have a points total to hit, only a league position and hopefully go further than a Semi final.

And he didnt build the squad from nothing, he sold some of Moyes players and was given 50m to spend.

Hes signed 22 players for over 100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back