Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone just move the straws.
707AGBw.gif

I find Baines' actions in particular appalling. Beyond a shadow of a doubt for me he spun a line in the media deadset against the way this manager operated and I'd guess it was all to do with his penalties being taken off him. Instead of standing up for himself and requesting he continue taking them he just sulked and developed a grudge. And for all his talk in the press about match management he never once took responsibility as a senior player to get some organisation together and resistance to defensive frailties in games.

I'll never forgive him and I want him out of Everton ASAP.

What the hell is that tosh, completely disagree like all the other rubbish you come out with.

Will they. Couple of no mark losers.

I'll stand corrected on that like if you can find me anything the two loathsome divvies have ever won.
Baines stabbed his own manager in the back right the way through his tenure here.

Loathsome doesn't begin to cover it to be quite frank.
And with that the last scrap of your credibility goes right down the toilet. Those comments are absolutely ridiculous. There's no way your legit at this stage, nobody is this blinkered. I'm all for serious debate with anyone who can come up with a reasonable and rational defence of Martinez but guff like this is laughable. Tell me, in your eyes is it possible for Martinez to do ANYTHING wrong?! Serious question because you seem absolutely determined to blame anything or anyone but Martinez.

It is a bit of a ridiculous claim !

I wish someone would bully me for a couple of million quid a year!

Mind you – I’d probably let someone bully me for a couple of quid towards the end of the month and if it was all done in the best possible taste. I’d have to choose the safe word though.

Anyone up for an early preview copy of 50 shades of billytoffee?
If it was the red half of the city, the Echo would be making out that it was all in benefit of the supporters that he had to go.

Is it? You said he couldn't replicate his own first season - the man who actually achieved it is "unable" to do it again. Hilarious.

I do admire your optimism about any new manager being a roaring success though. Even with more cash he'll need a ten point start to get near 72 points in one season.
Dave do you know if we do get a new manager how much money is he going to get to spend do you reckon ?

With respect though to those who are judging him with heightened expectations, the question remains: what have we done to justify 4th and above? People keep suggesting "Everton, aren't we" but we have been THAT Everton since the late 80s.

Does seem like people are pretending we are City before a penny has even been spent.
Well we were 5th with 72 points only 3 years ago, top 4 shouldn't have been that much of a push.

I find Baines' actions in particular appalling. Beyond a shadow of a doubt for me he spun a line in the media deadset against the way this manager operated and I'd guess it was all to do with his penalties being taken off him. Instead of standing up for himself and requesting he continue taking them he just sulked and developed a grudge. And for all his talk in the press about match management he never once took responsibility as a senior player to get some organisation together and resistance to defensive frailties in games.

I'll never forgive him and I want him out of Everton ASAP.
Lol

Amazing post. If anything proves you are just trying to be as ott as much as possible then it's this.

Seriously, what's next?

I despise that saying "be careful what you wish for" with a passion. A relatively recent phrase that has popped in the media to keep us plebs in our place. How dare we dream of bigger and better things, Everton should know it's place, and it's not amongst the big boys.
I'm pretty sure Graeme sharp knows about as much at what is going on as anyone on this forum, but I'm certain of one thing, he doesn't want to rock the boat. All the more surprising after reading his book, and listening to comments by Southall, Gray etc, that sharp was one of the ones who you'd want with you in the trenches. A breed who with their manager, never accepted defeat and would walk through walls for the fans.
Fortunately, the vast majority of fans still dream of big things and won't accept mediocrity.
You'll need to go through about five managers in ten years. There will be loads of disruption. I hope your prepared for it. Or maybe you think getting success is as easy as getting rid of one manager and handing his successor more cash?

This club has entered a new era of instability.

Kenwright, who revealed he went to last month's FA Cup final to assess Martinez, was instantly impressed by the Spaniard...

"We did discuss at the first meeting we didn't want the standards and position David had achieved to slip: we wanted to build from that and that is the only statement we made."

Not sure he would be "safe" actually Dave. They told Martinez that the standards and position Moyes had left needed to be maintained and built upon.

Didn't know he said that - really good point.

Body of work is three seasons mate. And you know he was being judged from the middle of season two by the vast majority. That's the environment we're in. You cant say in one breath that Martinez has proven to you he can't progress the club in the time he has had here then not accept that when a new man comes in - spending multiple times more cash than RM - that you'll judge him on some ill defined length of time.

A new wind is blowing through this organisation. Bed sheet protests and plane protests to get shut of a manager midtable and with two good cup runs will not miraculously be avoided by any new well funded manager not getting success in a shorter time period than Martinez.

The genie doesn't go back in the bottle. If Martinez is treated with this level of opprobrium and brutality then so too will his successor if they can't do better....MUCH BETTER.

Instead of rabidly generating more and more inane ramblings why don't you do yourself the credit of responding to the above quote - has, or has not RM failed by his own measures and even BK's?

I can respect someone who has a polar opposite opinion if they engage in a proper debate - your tactic appears to be to just accelerate the thread without actually providing a proper response to any point that merits so from the other side of the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back