Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a fan and in favour of his appointment and continued employment last season but he really does need to go.

Don't even know how he wants us to play, other than getting the two centre backs to 'split' it's all a bit of a mystery.

Massively out of his depth. Which I don't like admitting.

1- so if he appoints an obviously dreadful manager then blame the manager not him?

2- No he was not part of the board at all. He was merely an investor with usmanov via red/white holdings....zero participation in the club.

1. Any Manager stands or falls by results. Did anybody KNOW that this season and last was going to be so bad when he was appointed? No.

2. As I said, I do not believe he would be guided by blind investment. Businessmen at his level just don't do that if they are to remain at the level they have achieved. He must surely have obtained an insight into the running of a relatively successful club...

1. Any Manager stands or falls by results. Did anybody KNOW that this season and last was going to be so bad when he was appointed? No.

bit of a double edged sword that comment mate. You are right, none of us knew what was happening and certainly after the first season we never saw it coming.

the hindsight tells us the warning signs were there back then though. Easy to say this now i know, but the grans scheme of things shows us that martinez was always going to fail here. Even the purest form of that, relegating a team and then taking the spine of that team here, and wondering now what went wrong?

2. As I said, I do not believe he would be guided by blind investment. Businessmen at his level just don't do that if they are to remain at the level they have achieved. He must surely have obtained an insight into the running of a relatively successful club...

I would have thought that was a fair old certainty mate - particularly given that he and Usmanov were reportedly at loggerheads with the other fella, I would think they (their teams) would have analysed the running of Arsenal in absolute detail in order to try and position themselves more favourably to manoeuvre there. That experience and level of analysis will hopefully pay dividends for us now.

You proabably need to keep in mind though mate that your main partner in crime appears to have been throwing the kopite and geordie tags at people in at least equal measure, if not more, from what I've seen recently, whilst continuing to cherry pick what he chooses to answer or not.

I think that frustration rises on both sides and leads to the ineveitable snap or statement of something innaproriate.

Hopefully the meaningful debate can continue and we can all get better at rising above the levels of lunacy generated by those obvioulsy intent on WUMing or whose social media/internet persona would give serious cause for concern in the real world.

So with that in mind - do you think it is time for Roberto to get off yet?
Will answer after work mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back