Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...no. It was a facetious reference. If you are going to continue engagement, you are going to hear "72 points though" a LOT!

The rage against dave is building in you, I can sense it. Advising other posters not to get involved in debate with him, quietly seething at his very existence.

Let it all out mate, just one magical burst of anger.

The rage against dave is building in you, I can sense it. Advising other posters not to get involved in debate with him, quietly seething at his very existence.

How's the fence la?

Not unusually my dear Bungle, you are all over the shop here. Stick to what you are expert at: posting gay phone chat lines.

Its fallen down under the weight of my grotesque body
lol
Nah - i've seen you mate, you have the physique of our catalan King Martinez.
Who, by the way, is an excellent manager. *Fist pumps at ability to get back on topic*
Would you give him another season Bungs?

tumblr_o4d0gsaCuP1tcp7hbo1_1280.jpg

Translates to "you're not allowed to compare any future manager to Martinez because it will show just how much of a failure he was"
If we get a new manager and if the new manager is allowed to spend the amounts of money we could only have dreamed of previously, then, yes, the new manager will have a far shorter settling in period than previous managers.
David Moyes had a relatively trouble free run for almost his entire time at Everton. He built the club from incredibly weak foundations and turned us into a top six side. He was allowed a decade to do this.
RM has had three years and that lloks to be it.
Neither manager have had pots of money to spend and both needed to be very careful how it was spent.

If, for instance, a new manager comes in and spends 100m to add to the players already there why would they not be assessed more critically ?

This is a great post. I don't think Martinez has deliberately tried to pull the wool over people's eyes, I just think the players have let him down badly. However it goes back to my original point, that there has to be accountability.

Essentially Martinez is a nice man. I think he is a bit too lenient with the players and has supported them through thick and thin and unfortunately they have hung him out to dry. Stones, the man Martinez turned into a top centre half and given freedom from Martinez has abused that position of freedom to do Cruyff turns in his own 6 yard box.

Lukaku who Martinez bought has (aside from the semi-final) given up. he has strolled around the pitch with a cob on and gone public in the press telling everyone how great he is.

Unfortunately Martinez is too close to the players and there isn't enough distance. A top manager would never have allowed those two (and there are others) to let themselves and the club down.
Don't agree about Stones taking it on himself to do the Cruyff turns. If that was the case RB would have dragged him off as soon as he did so. I do think Stones believes he is Cruyff but the manager should be there to bring him down to earth and motivate him in the right way to develop the player. I don't RB has done this. I agree with your assessment of Lukaku and think this contributed greatly to his terrible game at Wembley. He was completely off the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back