Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiddink has said leicester wanted him, got claudio instead, both better calibre than bobby, just goes to show what its like to have ambition, cmon moshiri please change our perception to everyone on the outside

Lets not rewrite history.

If Martinez had been sacked last summer, and Ranieri had been appointed, there would have been a fume fest. No doubt about that.

If Martinez had been sacked last summer, and Ranieri had been appointed, there would have been a fume fest. No doubt about that.
I'd still be fuming if we got him now mate.

And thats with hindsight.

So why is RM getting 2 years (first one doesn't count because he performed well, which is no barometer of his abilities apparently) and Moyes got 11?
Because under Moyes it looked as if the club was going in the right direction, at the moment it looks as if it is going in the other direction.

I am not in the camp of Martinez out at all costs. My own personal choice would be for him to stay and work with/under a more experienced head where he could continue the good work he has done in certain aspects of his job and try to learn how to remedy the areas that are letting him down. I accept there is probably zero chance of that happening.

Denying that there is a problem is keeping ones head in the sand.
We have lost or drawn too many games this season that we should have won.
We are going to finish bottom half of the table two years running.
These problems can't be ignored.
The cup runs to a degree have masked the problems. If not for those journeys to the semifinal
the season would be seen as a total disaster.

Hiddink has said leicester wanted him, got claudio instead, both better calibre than bobby, just goes to show what its like to have ambition, cmon moshiri please change our perception to everyone on the outside

and, at the time, have a multi billionaire Thai owner........

I just want this season to be over and Martinez gone. It's been a nightmare from start to finish and it has destroyed my enjoyment of anything Everton related. It's been a chore going to the match sitting in a horrible atmosphere watching the same capitulation again and again. Never felt so disinterested in the club I love.

Think I am the minority. If you gave me this option last summer I would take it.

Southampton fans making me laugh on twitter
facebook etc claiming there a bigger club and for
Koeman too come here would be a downgrade are they for real
couple good seasons these days it takes people to turn totally deluded,
id have him anyday
In nz and Aussie, Everton is perceived at around Soton level...that's just how we're seen nowadays.

Weird isnt it? I wouldnt want him either, and he has just won the League.

Still convinced that dead king had more than a hand in all that me.
Yeah.
Weird.

The dead king. The doping..

And Funes Mori crocking Kevin De Bruyne in the semi and ruining Citys title chances..

Still, were due a lucky manager next... right ?

We haven't done a great deal in the last 29 years for them to think otherwise.

Managed to hang around in a league that they couldn't for just a start. That's before we get into European appearances and cup runs quality of squad etc. Southampton bigger than Everton? Dear me.

This bit isn't true. He is a bit crap though.

Yes it is. He oversaw a decline at Wigan that saw the club relegated. He has oversaw a similar decline at Everton that could potentially result in the same conclusion if he is given another year.

The idea that he will be leaving a stronger foundation than what Moyes left is preposterous, and is a notion coming from the same people who had been hoodwinked into thinking that "We are on the verge of something special here" or "Our slide down the league is actually an indication of a forthcoming title challenge" until just a few months ago.

He has taken our club massively backwards, and our new manager has a hell of a job on his hands. Make no mistake!

Yeah.
Weird.

The dead king. The doping..

And Funes Mori crocking Kevin De Bruyne in the semi and ruining Citys title chances..

Still, were due a lucky manager next... right ?

Everything went their way. Literally, everything.

Fair play like, but pundits banging on about a new dawn and all that? I very much doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back